mtbr member

BCT Trail Day March 10

Just a friendly reminder to get you slackers motivated

March 10 is the next trail day.

There has been trail crews working on section during the week for the last couple months so there's a ton of new trail besides the section we've been working on in Black canyon city. Last trail day we had 40+ hard working horse, hikers and mtb riders and we kicked butt and made a ton of progress. With a little more work we should be able to get the better part of a day of riding out there for an upcoming epic.

Who's in?

Details...

Date: March 10, 2007

Time: 8:00 AM

Meet At: BCC Trailhead, Black Canyon City, AZ

Work Location: Horseshoe Bend Trail Segment of the Black Canyon Trail

Contact Information: Bob@bctaz.com

Activities: Construct non-motorized trail using accepted trail building techniques and hand tools along previously flagged route.

This is a physical activity requiring certain health and safety considerations. Please be aware of your personal physical condition, wear appropriate attire, such as long sleeves and hat if you are sun sensitive, gloves and sturdy footwear.

Bring sun screen, your own soft or sports drinks and snacks. We will provide bottled water and lunch.

Tools to be used: Pulaski, McCloud, shovel, pick mattock, limb lopper and pruning saw. Tools will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own if they are marked for easy identification.

Directions: From Interstate 17, either direction: take exit 242 (Black Canyon City), turn west, proceed to stop sign, then turn north on the frontage road, drive approximately 290 ft to the first road on left, turn left on Warner Rd, drive approximately 1290 ft to first crossroad, turn right and proceed approximately 430 ft to parking area at the end of the road. Directional signs will be posted.

mtbr member
    Now dammitt Jeff, why are you guys always planning this work on a date when I have to work on heli's. You are making me look bad with me not showing up and some of JRA helping out in the past. Dude, your bumming me out.
    JRA

I am Bob
    I'll have to bail early, but I'm in until lunch time. Bob

wrecking crew
    Hey, anyone else in for this Saturday's trail work? It's a great way to have a hand in the spectacular trail building going on up there. Jeff and I plan on being there and dirtrodr may show up as well. Congoman is in until lunchtime...

Last time we had a good crowd of 40+ show up and alot of work got completed. They were shocked at the amount of mountain bikers contributing their time to come help. Very appreciative people and they really were impressed with all the hard work being put in by us all. It would be great to get at least that many up there again.

Amazing as it seems, it really is a good time with lunch/water provided. Bring gloves if you do plan to come. I think last time they actually had some to hand out for those who didn't have any. All tools supplied and the heavier ones are packed to the trail work area by pack ponies.

All are welcome to join us.
    ~~~

mtbr member
    I'm planning on being there. Anybody want to carpool from the Home Depot, NE corner of I17 and T-bird?

I'm planning an all day adventure with a visit to the RSC for dinner and PIE afterward.
    Gary

wrecking crew
    UPDATED WORK DATE INFORMATION!!!

For the next two months the BCTC workdays are 3/10, 3/24, 4/14 & 4/28. Pick the dates that fit your schedules...

[SIZE=+1]Upcoming Work Events [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]March 10, 2007
    March 24, 2007
    April 14, 2007
    April 28, 2007
    May 5, 2007

Additional workdays can be scheduled to suit your groups availability. Please contact bob@bctaz.com.
    [/SIZE]

http://www.bctaz.com/gpage4.html

ALSO...
    [SIZE=+1]Attention Mountain Bike Racers [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Mountain bike racers who need to complete their trail work hours to earn additional MBAA race points can do so by working a minimum of four hours on the Black Canyon Trail. The Black Canyon Trail Coalition has the official MBAA race point form and is authorized to sign and submit the form on your behalf. When you attend a work session, just mention to the session coordinator that you want to earn race points. [/SIZE]

~~~

mtbr member
    I plan on being there again. I am in Fountain Hills if anyone wants to share a ride. I will not be stopping for pie or other treats afterwards. Need to get back home when we are done.

Alan

mtbr member
    The more the better!

We are SOOOO close to having the upper loop connect with the Little Pan loop since professional trail builders have been working during the week. Once the upper loop is connected there will be 20+ miles of sweet singletrack which would make at least a 5-6 hour epic ride

Who else is in?

I would like to see Dirdir swing a pick. #1 because a lawyer may get a callous #2 if he can use that crank breaking power in his legs we'll get the trail finished in a day

Also Walt because he's biult like a brick house and could match Dirdir's crank breaking power.

Also Doug because it would turn into a competition between him and the two above who can muster up more power for longer and get the job done.

I could go on but I'm getting lazy typing so much

Bring the kids, a good day of work would really do most kids good these days.

Come on out, I'll buy a round of good dark beer

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    We are SOOOO close to having the upper loop connect with the Little Pan loop since professional trail builders have been working during the week. Once the upper loop is connected there will be 20+ miles of sweet singletrack which would make at least a 5-6 hour epic ride

yep, just 3 miles to go and the first "pie ride" can take place. which could happen as soon as the end of the year if enough volenteers show up and put in a little time.

I'll miss this sat. work day, as I'll be at trail building school.
    b

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    yep, just 3 miles to go and the first "pie ride" can take place. which could happen as soon as the end of the year if enough volenteers show up and put in a little time.

I'll miss this sat. work day, as I'll be at trail building school.
    I am joining the trail class too. So I can argue better.

I am Bob
    I'm still in till 12. I keep missing the pie and beer though! next time.