mtbr member

BCT trail conditions

What are the conditions from EH trailhead north to top of little pan loop? overgrown? washed out from the monsoons? I know some sections of the BCT have become overgrown and washed out a bit.

Thanks

Ahhh the pain....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones2 View Post
    What are the conditions from EH trailhead north to top of little pan loop? overgrown? washed out from the monsoons? I know some sections of the BCT have become overgrown and washed out a bit.

Thanks
    I was out there today, rode from rock springs, south, around the pan loop and back...
    In general, the trail is in great shape...maybe a tad more rocky. Only area needing some real work is just north of the bottom of the pan loop, on the west side...but it's only a 20 yard stretch. Nothing is overgrown on what I rode...I think someone may have been out trimming.

On the north end, from Glorianna TH up to Antelope is a different story; at least when I rode it about 5 weeks ago. Lots of catclaw and Antelope canyon had some washouts. Hopefully the group tomorrow will be fixing that up!

Not sure about the stuff from EH up to the pan loop...I suspect most is fine.
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    From EH up to just past Boy Scout the trail was in pretty awesome shape. It has seen a bit of traffic, gets lots of runners too.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    EH thru Black canyon TRH is in phenomenal shape. Obviously rocky in bits. but not washed out at all.
    Last edited by El_Bendejo; 10-20-2012 at 09:49 PM.

mtbr member
    From EH north to the jeep road it is more rocky than before, but very ride able. It takes me about 2min longer from the TH to the jeep road. From there it is perfect and great run.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

Old and Slow
    Anyone have any recon on the water crossings? Is there still filterable water at the main crossing behind Rock Springs?
    Getting out there one day at a time.

mtbr member
    rode there 8 days ago, the water looked pretty nasty - I wouldn't my wash hands in it, and wouldn't drink it even through a sawyer filter - unless my life depended on it - just go to the cafe for some H2O
    Last edited by metalaficionado; 11-26-2012 at 10:35 PM.

mtbr member

For those of you who say BCT is a fun trail....

....you are understating that trail. I rode it for the first time last week, and it was amazing! I did from the trailhead near the pie place and went south to the loop, than back. Great ride. Trail was in great shape (granted I didn't see it before). Just a great, fun fast flowey trail. I can't wait to go back. Not sure if this helps the OP much, considering I didn't know what section of trail he was referring to.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonnemb View Post
    ....you are understating that trail. I rode it for the first time last week, and it was amazing! I did from the trailhead near the pie place and went south to the loop, than back. Great ride. Trail was in great shape (granted I didn't see it before). Just a great, fun fast flowey trail. I can't wait to go back. Not sure if this helps the OP much, considering I didn't know what section of trail he was referring to.
    Tyson,
    You rode undoubtedly the finest section of the entire system. It gets less damage from excessive rain than anywhere else.

The section from the last climb going south from Table Mesa road down to the flats is horribly rocky right now.

Rode yesterday from Antelope Canyon down to RS (pie place) and my legs go hammered pretty good by the cat claw. All in all there really isn't a "bad" segment anywhere. Like any trail, as you ride there are places you look forward to and there are places you look "less" forward to.

Enjoy it. It will probably, once the entire system is complete be one of the finest, if not the finest system in the country. It has sections to please everyone, it will have the distance within itself to allow for multiple day trips.
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

Old and Slow
    Quote Originally Posted by chipolopolo View Post
    Rode yesterday from Antelope Canyon down to RS (pie place) and my legs go hammered pretty good by the cat claw.
    Which section of that ride had the worst cat claw? Cat claw really sucks.
    Getting out there one day at a time.

mtbr member

Catclaw

There was some on lower Antelope, past the new maintenance section. There was also a few trophy sized ones down below the rocky stage road, then just some along the way. You can mostly avoid them if you dismount and evade, I just tend to ride through them.

Steve
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid