Got a suspension fork

BCT Rock Springs & LPL today. :)

For only the third time, why so few?, road on BCT at first light this morning starting from Rock Springs.

The trail was beautiful, weather perfect, and company great. We rode to the top of the Little Pan Loop and decided we were good on time so did the loop. Ran into quite a few people on the way back. Just a great trail in an awesome location.

The water was low enough that we barely got our feet wet at all. Were able to ride through the first crossing and the second crossing, the third crossing we walked on top of rocks, and of course the forth was a ride (same as the first in reverse.) We probably saw 70 head of cattle out there today grazing. Also saw three deer that we spooked as we came barreling down hill after the climb up the ridge from the first river crossing.

I managed to thoroughly enjoy myself today even though I:

- Nearly broke my foot on one of those ramps at the gate crossings, tip: keep pedaling even after you made the ramp and are on the flat top part of the ramp... Not pretty.

- Cactus thorn stuck in my foot.

- Fell early on and banged up my knee and face planted into some rocks.

Minor documentation of the day in photos. Boy does the new iPhone 4 take nicer pictures than my now ancient iPhone 3G used to!

Last edited by randyharris; 04-03-2011 at 10:10 PM.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Nice pic's the HDR setting is tech @ it's best at least for a couple month's then they'll hook us on Iphone5.......

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelina
    Nice pic's the HDR setting is tech @ it's best at least for a couple month's then they'll hook us on Iphone5.......
    I was waiting to get the iPhone 5 on Verizon but when rumors came out last week of a Fall date for the iPhone 5, I decided to not wait - and I'm glad, this phone is really nice. And this way I'll be ready and able for the iPhone 6 when it's out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Lol! ...how are those easton's holding up I keep bird dogging eBay ..did those come from that calif. Dist,?

Got a suspension fork
    Lol! ...how are those easton's holding up I keep bird dogging eBay ..did those come from that calif. Dist,?
    So far so good, yup, from the guy in SoCal.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The ones on competitive cyclist are 2010 not nearly the bling factor as the 2011 I'm still choosing b/t the Q.R vs the thru (which would also mean a shock upgrade ) at least that's all the justification I need to go a bit more plush up front!

Got a suspension fork
    The ones on competitive cyclist are 2010 not nearly the bling factor as the 2011 I'm still choosing b/t the Q.R vs the thru (which would also mean a shock upgrade ) at least that's all the justification I need to go a bit more plush up front!
    The 2010's also had a hub issue, won't run XX rotors (unsure which other rotors may cause issue.)

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Cool thank's for the intel I'm sure I'll cave soon enough and spring for all the good's ...I'd sooner be rolling w/upgrades than buying that iphone7!