Thread: BCT North

Ahhh the pain....

BCT North

Did an overnight with friends out at BCT where we put some tires on the stuff north of Hwy 69. If you haven't done it, it's definitely worth doing; some REALLY well built singletrack. You might hate life a bit as you go north, but after you turn around, you'll have a big smile on your face. Kudos to those who help build that stuff...VERY fun.
    There is a section south of Hwy 69 just north of the windmill that has been overgrown with grass and looks like people have rerouted it...it definitely needs some love. The prior trail alignment appears to have been lost.
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

Give it a crank
    Nice job you guys, that's quite a ride. But you know how it goes, if nobody took pictures, it didn't happen! Just kidding.

mtbr member
    That's awesome news Ray!! I rode that section last year, must of been right after they finished most of it up. It was loose dirt, needed some tires on it.

Two weeks ago, we did the north-south trip. We actually had to walk down to the windmill, we lost the trail 3-400 yards northwest of it.

Take care.
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

Give it a crank
    How do you guys and gals camp overnight on the ground knowing there's creatures like these roaming around? I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Always in the wrong gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider View Post
    How do you guys and gals camp overnight on the ground knowing there's creatures like these roaming around? I wouldn't be able to sleep.

That little guy won't eat much! It's the scorpions that I worry about!

Ray: that trip looked insane on strava. 1,800'+ gain, 100 some miles, I guess that a walk in be park for you huh.

mtbr member
    ^^^ Tarantulas ?! That's for kids to play with.... scorpions are annoying... it's the rattlers I would worry about. Can you say hemotoxic venom and fasciotomy.

mtbr member
    Bears and Bees for me. The rest I can handle. I love Winter.

Ahhh the pain....
    Actually, the only critters I think much about are mountain lions...I figure being zipped up in a bivy will keep the creepy crawly things out.
    The overall 100 miles we did actually seemed harder than it should have. We took the trail for the most part on Saturday, and 100% of the trail on Sunday; no easy road miles. Plus, we had a wicked headwind on Sunday that just seemed to suck the life out of you.
    All in all, it was still an awesome 2-day trip...
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/