Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

BCT, HWY 69 OR Antelope Start

754 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  woahey 
#1 ·
Has anyone been on the upper part of BCT in the last 4-6 weeks? Looking for some Beta on the cat claw situation from either Hwy 69 or the Antelope Canyon start.

Thanks,

Steve

#2 ·
I rode North from BB just over a month ago and it was pretty ragged out there. Plenty of catclaw and lots of washed out sections. I only rode out to the water tank/road crossing but I can't imagine the sections North of that are any clearer. It's like nobody rode there all summer

#3 ·
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:What gives with the low usage? I really expected the Northern sections of the trail would mature this year and would make the lollipop loop have to share some of its glory. For the most part the trails are over grown and many have been washed out.

Is it the quality of the build that causing the plague? Remoteness? Red necks firing guns at us.

#5 ·
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:What gives with the low usage? I really expected the Northern sections of the trail would mature this year and would make the lollipop loop have to share some of its glory. For the most part the trails are over grown and many have been washed out.

Is it the quality of the build that causing the plague? Remoteness? Red necks firing guns at us.
Not to get all Trail Doc on you....but will you be out joining the BCTC team working on trails this season?

I lied, I got all Trail Doc on you. =0}

I looked on their web page and they still have the volunteering information from last season. I'm guessing a catclaw-clearing session may be in order....

#4 ·
Nah, no plague. Just too hoy out there. Those upper reach's are pretty remote and it's a commitment to ride up there. I ride the shuttle up there in the winter frequently.

The lower sections are less driving, less commitment in the heat. The summer storms are hard on the northern parts of the trail. Antelope canyon is all decomposed granite and washes out every summer. Last year the Hwy69 section got so washed out all that was left was rock. A few weekends of traffic all will be Awesome again

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.