Closekids.com

BCT from BCC Trailhead to the Little Pan Loop

I've been wanting to try this out and was wondering if it was good riding #1 and if anyone had a GPS of the ride #2.

Thanks all.

I was out on Table mesa to LPP last weekend and it was fantastic as always. The river crossing was well marked and there was the perfect amount of water flowing for a ride across.
    Me to my riding buddy, "Want to ride this afternoon?"
    Him, "I can't. I have to chop this guys foot off at 2".

Flaccid Member
    Are you just doing an out and back to the Little Pan Loop, or including the Loop? This should at least get you to the trail head for the little pan loop, you'll have to look around a bit to find the trail head to it from the link I provide.

Geoladders -- Black Canyon Trail Exploration
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    May 2012
    From BCC you don't need the GPS. The trail is well marked. The only area it is a little odd the first river crossing near BCC. Once you cross the river you head sort of to the right and up the hill. I did that right headed left and back into the river. Bad idea. Other wise it is well signed.

Not sure when you plan to go, but due to rain on Friday and over the weekend I have not idea what water crossing will be like depth wise. It is possible it will be too deep about 1.5 miles in from BCC trailhead.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomingSooner View Post
    I've been wanting to try this out and was wondering if it was good riding #1
    BCC to LP is arguably the best section of BCT. So, yeah, it is good riding.

mtbr dismember

Try here

Quote Originally Posted by BoomingSooner View Post
    I've been wanting to try this out and was wondering if it was good riding #1 and if anyone had a GPS of the ride #2.
    Try here. Great ride and pretty straight forward except after crossing a river or two.

Flaccid Member
    If you are not from AZ, like XC riding, and you're visiting, I would consider BCT a "bucket list" ride. I would also consider the Picket Post portion of the AZ trail a bucket list ride. The AZ trail, in and of itself, always leaves me wanting to come back for more, but it is quite remote and rugged. make sure you go with a riding partner.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB