Thread: BCT Anyone?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

BCT Anyone?

I've been hitting the loops off of Table Mesa lately and would like to gain a riding partner or two with the heat cranking up. I don't see many tracks out there and figure it could be a couple of days before someone might come along with a spatula... I'm good to go day or night.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I can see why there aren't many tracks up here... lol

Ahhh the pain....
    AZ...yah, way too hot there in the southern sections during the summer to do much of a long ride. Doing the northern sections would be an option early due to a bit higher in elevation.
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Plenty of people riding further down in the valley though... I know there are a few riders up here in Anthem and I'm hoping to hear from them. I rode year round when I lived in Goodyear not too long ago and there were plenty of knuckle headed summer riders down there.

Do you ride up this way Raybum? I don't mind driving further up the road at all. I'm hoping to start getting some night rides in with some folks up here too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I rode off of new river a week ago. A buddy and I did a night ride. We left the trail head at 6:30 and finished by 8:30. Got in 20 miles. We were talking about possibly trying to set up a bi weekly ride. I live in Avondale so it's a little bit of a drive but the trails are awesome on bct.

Blood, Sweat, and Gears
    AZTreky, what type of distance are the loops you refer to? I would still think it has to be a degree or two cooler than riding in the valley.
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. -- Abraham Lincoln

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Lately I've been heading out the Table Mesa TH>Little Pan>Wilderness Mesa>and back out which is 9.3mi. It's been a good ride for me to get back in the swing of things and not get dozed over with the heat. I'm game for any segment of the trail though.
    Last edited by AzTreky; 06-23-2011 at 06:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I just rode the section from Mayer off route 69 and it is cooler from the trailhead but as you descend south it does get warmer. I would do a night ride from the Bumblebee trailhead. Ride it quite often. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights are good for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    What's the milage and average ride time? I don't mind driving up the hill a little more if you've got a favorite ride. Every degree counts....
    Pick a time and day man. I'm looking forward to checking out a new section of the trail!!!

Meatbomb
    shuttle

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    shuttle

Common now... No pain no gain.