Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm Basically my first Pemberton trip.

I would like to thank all that waited while I sucked wind! I could not find a better group to ride with. For those that took some pictures please post them or at least email them to me if you could. Coming back down Tonto Tank was a blast!

Also had my first flat tire today. Must have rolled over some Cholla on a climb. Even had some sealer in the tube. All that did was make a mess.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Luvn Life
    Jan 2007
    I had a great time too! I hope we can do it again real soon.

Dirty Monkey
    OK, guess I kind of put this together. 7 of us, me, trb2929, Courtney80, .size, 2 friends of his, and the return of tried2live! No dramatic ride report, no great breathless details. Just a good time. No, great time, as any bike time always is. Tim didn't suck (but did flat), no one fell, including not me, and maybe I broke wind. Maybe.

Pics? Nothing great, except great friends.
    1)Tim and David, aka trb2929 and .size
    2) Courtney80, new member!
    3) tried2live. Welcome back Paul!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="3"]"May The Schwartz Be With You!"[/SIZE]

Ouch, I am hot!
    Sounds like you guys/gals had a really good time. I'd like to go on the next one and maybe we can do the Scenic Loop. I think Tim would love it.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Large wheels & one gear
    Sounds like fun. Did you make it up Granite?
    I Never Apologize............I'm Sorry, That's Just The Way I Am.

[SIZE=1]ChemBright Carpet & Upholstery LLC[/SIZE]

Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm

We went clockwise to Tonto Tank back to Pemberton and then back to the parking area. My computer must be off (29'er) as Adam or Jeff's computer (26") was reading more mileage then mine all day. If I added correctly off the map we were close to 11 miles, which is the longest ride I have ever done. Like I said coming down Tonto Tank was a blast. But that short distance back to the parking lot I was dogging it pretty bad. Takes a lot of energy to move this fat boy! Overall I enjoyed all of the trail, even the climbs. I just get winded way to easy in my opinion. So I'll work on that and try and improve. Which reminds me Geoff give me a call when you have an extra second.

Another nice thing for me today was having a few provide suggestions on how to improve. Everyone else was standing on most of the climbs while I sat and spun the whole time. When I tried to stand my quads were on fire with just a few rotations of the pedals.

I did burn a lot of sugar off today. Started the ride today on the high side, 340. I'm always high first thing in the morning. Knowing I was going to ride I only took a small shot of Insulin. When I got back home I was down to 181. For a diabetic that is a pretty large swing without meds!
    Last edited by Cycle64; 01-28-2007 at 08:23 AM.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Holy crap I need to get some more sun. I think my pasty skin totally killed the white balance in the camera. It went into panic mode.

Good time though. I don't think my bike has seen dirt for 7 or 8 months, so it was good to get back into things. Hopefully I can start getting out a couple of times a week.

Kathleen in AZ
    Glad to see everyone out there having a good time, especially new poster/rider Courtney!! Perhaps some of you will consider leading some C rides at the Fling... will be soliciting volunteers soon!

AZ Spring Fling Gathering - March 15-18

Kathleen
    Last edited by DurtGurl; 01-28-2007 at 06:09 AM.

mtbr member

thanks everone,

this was a nice ride to help ease myself and my knee back into things before i go nuts again, as that "too much too soon" thing always seems to bite me in the ass.

tim, you do better than you give yourself credit for. keep at it and you'll get where you want to be.

courtney and paul, we didn't get much "hang out" time with the tim and mike show going on , but never-the-less i had a great time with all. adam and jeff really enjoyed themselves as well and we all look forward to more riding with everyone!

thanks for organizing this mike and it was great to finally ride with you after what, 6+ months of trying to get something rolling? we need to get on the bigger bikes soon...