mtbr member

Back in the saddle, and loving it!

So here's the story. A friend and I were about to head up north to ride a new (to us) section of the AZ Trail, and I was picking him up around 5 a.m. I walked inside while he got his things together, and when i walked out 10 minutes later, the top of my car was bare. Only an empty bike rack remained. After circling the neighborhood a few times and filing a formal Police report, I drove home heartbroken. My bike wasn't anything expensive or special, but I had put a LOT of great miles on that bike, and it put a LOT of smiles on me. Well, having just finished the home buying process for the first time, we couldn't afford to buy a new one. A co worker had mentioned that home owner's insurance sometimes covers theft of personal items, so I gave my ins. company a call, and sure enough, they covered it! They had me run down the make and model of the frame, and itemize all of the components I had upgraded or added, and I ended up getting more than I expected. I love my insurance company!
    Anyway, after 3 weeks of processing, they cut me a check, and I was able to find a great deal on craigslist from a fellow mountain biker.
    With almost the exact amount I had received from the insurance company, I got my new ride. A 2012 GT Sensor 4.0.
    This morning, I took said new bike for our first ride together, and HOLY CR@P I LOVE THIS BIKE!
    It handles everything so much better than I expected, and climbed up everything with ease! I cleaned stuff I hadn't in a long time, and felt confident flying down every hill I could find!
    Long story long, I just got home from our maiden voyage, and I just want to turn right back around and go again. This bike has made me feel about mountain biking the way I felt when I first started. I feel like a kid out there, and I'm loving it.
    Just wanted to share my story with you all, I figured there's a few who might enjoy hearing it!

Back In The Saddle Again

EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking in Arizona
    "There's nothing like touching earth you've never touched"

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    FVCK Yeah!!! I love it when I'm out there and find myself giggling like a 9 year-old-kid because of new trail, new bike, new parts, new sunglasses, new pack, new Gu's......I guess it doesn't take much for me. Bummer when you lose that bike you have years of connections with, but sometimes it's for the better! I always liken it to the Megatron-Galvatron transformation - same, but so much more awesomer!......if you grew up in the 80's anyway. Skip work, go back out!! It was a great morning today.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    congrats. Glad your back out there. Bites that your bike got stolen but good that you like your new bike.

Wish I had time to ride this morning but will hit the trails tomorrow and Sunday.

Got my new Rigid SS 29er on Tuesday and plan on putting some miles on it this weekend.

mtbr member
    There is a special place in Hell for bike thieves.

Congrats on the new bike, on your new-found sense of excitement and stoke, and on your renewed self-propelled sense of joyful purpose.

See you Sunday in Gold Canyon?
    "Bicycling...is the nearest approximation I know to the flight of birds." Louis Halle

mtbr member
    Thanks Gila! I wish I could make it, buti haveto work at noon, so 8am is a bit of a late start for me. I might try to get out there earlier, or just ride a bit closer to home. If I have a later shift next weekend I'll definitely make it out there!
    "There's nothing like touching earth you've never touched"

parenting for gnarness
    congrats man! insurance is the way to go financially, and once you file your claim as parts you get a lot more than if you bought a kit.

bikes come and go, stoke is forever!