mtbr member

back atcha, yetisurly

thanks for the trail info! i submit to you this - some of the new AZ trail cut within the last few weeks...............Steve Garro. more pics on my blog, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by coconinocycles
    thanks for the trail info! i submit to you this - some of the new AZ trail cut within the last few weeks...............Steve Garro. more pics on my blog, too.
    the iris are unbelievable right now up there on the Rim as well.
    Going back up this weekend for another dose.

http://gordy.wordpress.com/
    • File Type: jpg 51.jpg (237.2 KB, 278 views)

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    What section is that?

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpowers
    What section is that?
    backpaking this time Barbershop and UBAR

My other ride is your mom
    The canyon that the northern section of UBAR crosses is high on my list of exploration....saw some trout in there too....simply gorgeous.

May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    The canyon that the northern section of UBAR crosses is high on my list of exploration....saw some trout in there too....simply gorgeous.
    Bike packing and fishing.... now that sounds like fun!

Does anybody know of any trails around the lower black river?

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpowers
    Bike packing and fishing.... now that sounds like fun!

that is the best idea that you have had all day.
    count me in.

May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    that is the best idea that you have had all day.
    Sadly, it is.....

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    a match made in heaven. trout fishing and bikepacking... ugh, it hurts thinking about not doing it. need to engineer a little rod holder rig for the bike.

mtbr member
    FYI - Just above where UBar drops into Barbershop, there is a fire that's been burning for over a week. It's consumed around 90 acres so far. Very slow burning, mostly underbrush and low branches. FS is watching and keeping it in control.
    If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains,
    you're lucky enough.

Occidental Tourist
    Is this near Bismark Lake where we apparently missed a bunch of new AZT?

Oh well, just another reason for a trip to find out.

P.S. Backatcha - Kaibab AZT
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jperson
    a match made in heaven. trout fishing and bikepacking... ugh, it hurts thinking about not doing it. need to engineer a little rod holder rig for the bike.
    i've done this allover the world - NZ, baja, chile, argentina..........i have a breakdown rod from cabela's that fits on a rack nicely............chile/arg was unreal on both accounts!!! Steve.
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    Is this near Bismark Lake where we apparently missed a bunch of new AZT?

Oh well, just another reason for a trip to find out.

P.S. Backatcha - Kaibab AZT
    yes it is. they are using a bunch of old trail that i used to drag people on + totally new stuff. it's almost to Little Springs alongpart of what we used to call the "new deal" trail. the old trail to the actual spring is now signedas the "bismark" trail. check out the hockderffer hills to the W. for some great single track too! a ride up 151E will intersect a few trailheads. is your pic N. of Jacob Lake? i've been S. of the road to the park & the vegetation looks different in your pic? Steve.

Occidental Tourist
    yes it is. they are using a bunch of old trail that i used to drag people on + totally new stuff. it's almost to Little Springs alongpart of what we used to call the "new deal" trail. the old trail to the actual spring is now signedas the "bismark" trail. check out the hockderffer hills to the W. for some great single track too! a ride up 151E will intersect a few trailheads. is your pic N. of Jacob Lake? i've been S. of the road to the park & the vegetation looks different in your pic? Steve.
    Cool. I think a camping trip up tha way is in order. Yup, the pic is N of the road where the AZT uses TR101.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    Cool. I think a camping trip up tha way is in order. Yup, the pic is N of the road where the AZT uses TR101.
    drop me a PM & stop by Coconino world HQ on your way up - i'm right off I-17 near ft. tutthill - for a shop tour & some singletrack info - bring a map & we'll scribble all over it............Steve.

My other ride is your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by azjonboy
    FYI - Just above where UBar drops into Barbershop, there is a fire that's been burning for over a week. It's consumed around 90 acres so far. Very slow burning, mostly underbrush and low branches. FS is watching and keeping it in control.
    I was wondering about that.....I rode through there on the 30th of May and had to deal with the smoke and the hike a bike getting out of the canyon.....ughhh....very surreal....it made dropping into the canyon seem like a not so good idea considering the winds were in the 20's that day.

Members who have read this thread: 0