AZSF Sedona B ride stoke and beta

Most importantly, go check out Chad's Sedona parking map. Arrive early, and snag some tasty espresso at Bike n' Bean, then head across the street to the trailhead. Don't worry, you can't miss it. Around 0910, look for this guy:

Confidence inspiring, eh?

We'll rally the troops and head out, 0930 on the dot! I'll leave without you, for real!

Make sure you have slime or somethin in your tires. Bring lots of water. We'll have an easy convenience store stop at around the 3/5's mark, but bring plenty of hydrations and snacks so you don't suffer. It was pretty hot, by winter standards (non-Phx) in Sedona this afternoon.

It should also be noted that we'll see plenty of hikers on our journey. Be nice to them, even if they act like disgruntled ex-Manhattanites (they are) or stare like stoned cattle without moving. We're a big group, and that demands a little more than average tact.

You'll see some of this along the way:

Nice and friendly.

This too:

Makes full suspension nice to have. I've ridden everything on a rigid SS, and it's fun, but only a particular kind of fun.

The trails in Sedona are still there, and in great shape. Should be fun.

Until then,
    Dave, your AZSF "leader"

Tucson, AZ
    Dave, that was inspiring... check out the maps and stuff over here too

I do try.

I forgot one small detail: plan on getting your feet wet crossing Oak Creek after Templeton. Bring sandals if you're like that. By the afternoon I think it'll be swimming temps, anyway.

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    I do try.

I forgot one small detail: plan on getting your feet wet crossing Oak Creek after Templeton. Bring sandals if you're like that. By the afternoon I think it'll be swimming temps, anyway.
    Do you mind bringing your GPS for this one? Need to stitch some tracks together for the BFL.