Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kathleen in AZ

AZ Winter Fling!!

I have a whopping 16 days off work from Dec 20-Jan4 and have no travel plans so will be looking for riding buddies for all the classics (Goat Camp, SoMo, Hawes/Pass, Milagrosa, BCT, Sedona if not too cold). I don't do snow, so will not be following friends to Colorado etc in search of powder. Backpacking in the Sups is another option.

Last year AZMikey was off work and JimBeam was visiting so we pulled together some awesome rides. Who's up for some holiday adventure this year??

"Yabut"
    Me! Me! Me!
    I am also off those dates. Well, and all the days before and after, as well.....
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

Too many Sedonuts...
    I have the exact same time off, so I'm likely in for at least some of it. I will also be looking for powder during that time frame too....Sam?
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

wrecking crew
    grrr...I only get X-Mas & New Year's Day off... How unsatisfactory! 2 measly days...I'm ffffing pissed!

...and now you all flaunt your non-work goodness about with good cheer and happiness. Call the wahhhhmbulance...
    ~~~

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hey Girl!

What fun, a Winter Fling! I want to play!

I don't have very many days off during the holidays but I'm sure I can attend a few rides.

Tiff

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusJoe
    I have the exact same time off, so I'm likely in for at least some of it. I will also be looking for powder during that time frame too....Sam?
    i'm in, powder first then dirt!!

DG - no neckisitis this year we need you on the Quad!

Just another half mile...

Take a ferw days vacation......

Hey girl, take a few days of vacation to enjoy the holiday riding spirit! I too only get xmass and NY's but I also get the day before xmas and half day on NY's eve. I take 3 and half days of vacation I get 12 days to go play. This way yo uget the most bang for your vacation days when combined with holidays. I'd ride with ya all, but I'll be roadtriping in the Chateau in seach of Pow Pow.

Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    grrr...I only get X-Mas & New Year's Day off... How unsatisfactory! 2 measly days...I'm ffffing pissed!

...and now you all flaunt your non-work goodness about with good cheer and happiness. Call the wahhhhmbulance...

mtbr member
    I'll have some time off and need to stay close to work so that I can feed the beasts. so that works out well for some AZ MTB fun. I think some NM peeps are heading our way before x-mas.
    b

Tucson, AZ
    Hmmmm....bikepacking. I think we are planning on doing some bikepacking in December too. I have the same weeks off and will be looking for some mtb fun!

mtbr member
    OH DG, speaking of rides post 20th and NM friends.....there has been a request made for Miligarosa/Bugs etc. So some tucson rides should be in the planned excursions.
    b

mtbr member
    I will also be looking for powder during that time frame too....Sam?
    Man, I really want to get some turns in too, but I'm afraid my frequency is shaping up to about as much as I went last year.

I know the birds flew south early this year, and I am working a few new steps on my snow dance. Hopefully the dumps will come soon.

My other ride is your mom
    I'm always down for some rides or some turns in the snow. Holler up if you want to carpool from E. Mesa....I managed 38 days in the snow last year,half under my own power.

i like cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~

you're not the only one su.ling... yippee.

mtbr member
    I happen to have all those dates off

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    I happen to have all those dates off
    and she let's you live?

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    and she let's you live?
    ...only because I love the poor guy...

but yeah, that's not nice of him to be gleeful about his time-off status whist I suffer. He better make himself useful!
    ~~~

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    I have a whopping 16 days off work from Dec 20-Jan4 and have no travel plans
    Ditto due to company wide shutdown. But I have family in town so I'm not sure if/when I can escape for some mtb. I'm looking forward to spending some time on the bike though!

-Kevin

mtbr member
    Sounds like a good excuse to ride all those classic trails. In!
    There is a big difference between ripping and skidding.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    HMMMMMMMMM, I am jealous! The rest of Santa's little elves will be hard at work, but will definately be up for a few rides-never done Hawes/Pass or Milagrosa. And lets not forget SoMo!!!!!!

Too many Sedonuts...
    (Milagrosa) I'm not one to push (Milagrosa) any particular (Milagrosa) ride or agenda, (Milagrosa) but how about something (Milagrosa) down south? (Milagrosa)

Might make for a fun overnighter. I might even bring the Mothership and schedule services at the Church of the Unlabeled Beer.

-JB
    When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

Kathleen in AZ
    Cool!!! Looks like lots of folks will be around and are interested in riding. All you slackers without jobs, you are about to become my best friends! Even if you have a job and don't officially have the days off, think VACATION DAY from work (ahem - SuLing, bike=good). And I'm sure that like last year there will be out-of-town riders visiting relatives in AZ who will jump on our rides. Looks like I will not have to ride solo

(Milagrosa) I'm not one to push (Milagrosa) any particular (Milagrosa) ride or agenda, (Milagrosa) but how about something (Milagrosa) down south? (Milagrosa)
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    OH DG, speaking of rides post 20th and NM friends.....there has been a request made for Miligarosa/Bugs etc. So some tucson rides should be in the planned excursions.
    Sure thing - have them post up the requested day and it's a date!

Might make for a fun overnighter. I might even bring the Mothership and schedule services at the Church of the Unlabeled Beer.
    Overnighter? Brrrrr. I might consider a Tucson overnighter in MyBike'sBroken's or azepicriderandrunner's living room

Quote Originally Posted by azepicriderandrunner
    Hmmmm....bikepacking. I think we are planning on doing some bikepacking in December too. I have the same weeks off and will be looking for some mtb fun!
    Personally, I was thinking more the pack-on-back thing into wilderness areas where bikes aren't allowed. It's something I can do with the pups and I missed my annual winter trip last year due to the neckitis.

"Yabut"
    Overnighter? Brrrrr. I might consider a Tucson overnighter in MyBike'sBroken's or azepicriderandrunner's living room
    Sure! I even have a guest room. No need for the living room.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

wrecking crew
    ...Even if you have a job and don't officially have the days off, think VACATION DAY from work (ahem - SuLing, bike=good)
    No can do...I have to take a week off work in Dec. Jeff and I are flying out to Lake Placid NY to attend Jeff's brother's wedding. I have to play catch up once I get back (busy season). So I doubt I'll be able to take more time off than the alotted morsel of time. But I'll try!
    ~~~

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

8 Days of Christmas

Here in Tucson we have a 8 day event from around Christmas day thru New Years. More info is coming as the rides and dates aren't set yet but they will include Tucson classics such as Milagrosa, Star Pass, 50 Year Trail, ATV/AZT and more. Usually a few evening gatherings for socializing, too. It will start being posted on TucsonMTB, soon.
    agmtb

Just Joshin' ya!
    DurtGurl,

I am off from December 19th through January 4. I am game for whatever!
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast