Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

AZ visitors in CO

Been getting a lot of AZ folks out visiting the resorts around here lately (mike-e, cessligner, swapthang, azdog, jeff, les & friends). Good times riding with you guys, and sorry to those who I didn't get a chance to ride with. Ran into Les from No Brakes out here for Nationals last weekend, and happened to have my helmet cam on for a couple runs. Here's a few short videos from Trestle that day to keep the stoke going. Cheers!

Free Speech with Les from Evan on Vimeo.

Double Jeopardy from Evan on Vimeo.

Trestle Jumps and Berms from Evan on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nice!

September road trip!!

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I should have some pics up soon. Amazing trails on Keystone and WP.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Trestle blew my mind! Thanks for the mountain hospitality bro, despite my botch on that Keystone day. We're gonna try and get up there again, before the season ends. Until then, shred on!
    Bullsh*t is the glue that binds our nation.

banned
    I miss CO. I also miss Leah a little, she is cute and I like it when she licks my toes!

banned
    #1 Tip in CO... snowboarders are authorized by the forest service to create "smoke huts" near the ski runs.

Downhill Messiah
    Looks so awesome!!!!! You are one lucky bassturd you have that so close to your house..
    Madspeed always prevails!

mtbr member
    My #1 tip for riding at Keystone. F***'n careful riding wet corkscrews with a hard, muddy rear tire.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp ThAAng
    My #1 tip for riding at Keystone. F***'n careful riding wet corkscrews with a hard, muddy rear tire.

Oh shiz were you with us Colin? We got to the corkscrew and Mikey was like F this Shiz. When he says it, you know it is bad.

Mike-e
    That torrential downpour + the wood scared me, looks like we need to go back up there and show that thing who's boss. Got my cast off today, it's time to mash!

Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    Oh shiz were you with us Colin? We got to the corkscrew and Mikey was like F this Shiz. When he says it, you know it is bad.

mtbr member
    Yeah, that corkscrew really isn't that bad if you don't stop and look at it, pretty smooth. In the rain its a nightmare though, even the girlfriend line was sketchy that day, I barely even made it to the split. Colin wasn't so lucky from what I heard, he slid off before the split. You guys missed out on the drop zone stuff that day too, and some of the more gnar double blacks. Definitely got to get some retribution on that mountain.

It's pretty nice Terry, kinda spoiled with all the resort riding close. If you and Adam ever get out here you're welcome to crash on the couches too, if you don't mind my dog licking your feet, haha. Its only about 4-5 hrs past Angel Fire.

mtbr member
    First pic is aftermath from first attempt.
    Second pic is aftermath (taken today after some healing) from second attempt, where the Boot'r wound up upside down almost under the bridge, and with me laying down on top of the bent over sapling (first from R of the Aspen), which is what my leg ground down the side of, I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ visitors in CO-100_0094.jpg  

AZ visitors in CO-img_1264.jpg  

mtbr member
    BTW who can go back before the season ends?

banned
    BTW who can go back before the season ends?
    Do you have a private plane? I might be able to swing something for the labor day weekend.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Made a few phone calls yesterday. After labor day weekend Keystone and Trestle are open weekends only.

The last weekend for Keystone is Sept 18th & 19th.

The last weekend for Trestle is Sept 25th & 26th.

If I'm feelin up to it I'll be going up for one of these weekends ... or both. I've got a lost summer to make up for!

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    U know I'm in. Need retribution as well on those ladders!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    U know I'm in. Need retribution as well on those ladders!
    What about those skinny drops? Did you hit any of those? Only Mikey had enough coordination to see it through.... I need to get better at skinnies.

This is a bummer, I am looking for a new residence and that is probably the main barrier to entry for me going back to any bike park than maybe Telluride... I guess I could go homeless for a little bit...

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    What about those skinny drops? Did you hit any of those? Only Mikey had enough coordination to see it through.... I need to get better at skinnies.

This is a bummer, I am looking for a new residence and that is probably the main barrier to entry for me going back to any bike park than maybe Telluride... I guess I could go homeless for a little bit...
    It would be a quick drive if we all took turns and stayed in a cheap lodge or silverthorne. No skinny for me. Found them once but couldn't find them again to take a stab.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    It would be a quick drive if we all took turns and stayed in a cheap lodge or silverthorne. No skinny for me. Found them once but couldn't find them again to take a stab.
    like a 3 day weekend trip? Well, if we nail it down I will commit to help with gas and driving and then it would end up being pretty cheap. We could hit up the hostel that is close to WP and get a discount if more than 3 people are staying. It is like a 15 min drive to the lift from the hostel...

Eff it all... I should have never gone in the first place. Then I wouldn't have any idea of what I was going to miss out on...

mtbr member
    Not much of a skinny, or a drop for that matter, but it was fun anyway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ visitors in CO-100_0101.jpg  

Shred...it's the new drug
    nice thang!!! sending er deep...woop woop!!!

banned
    Not much of a skinny, or a drop for that matter, but it was fun anyway
    Not the spot, we did those. Mikey did the biggest one and everyone else sent the middle one.

The one that I am talking about is about 6 in wide and goes up then turns sharply and then drop...

mtbr member
    Hey, whats up yall? I must have just missed you guys i was up there for the Natty in Sol Vista for a week. It is so good up there. To be able to ride three resorts in a week is insane. Any body check out the SS course at WP so sweeet..

mtbr member
    It's funny, I wrecked 3 times off that skinny with you guys, then the next time I was out there I made it both times I tried it. It seems a lot easier when you're just riding through in the flow with some momentum. Also found another good practice skinny that's less than a foot off the ground, but really narrow and long with some little turns. Got that taller drop on TNT too, you just need some speed and it's smooth.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flOw dOwn
    It's funny, I wrecked 3 times off that skinny with you guys, then the next time I was out there I made it both times I tried it. It seems a lot easier when you're just riding through in the flow with some momentum. Also found another good practice skinny that's less than a foot off the ground, but really narrow and long with some little turns. Got that taller drop on TNT too, you just need some speed and it's smooth.
    Ummm... you put a ding in my rim when your head hit it

Not really, but that is bad ass! I have 0 skills at skinnies. Working on it. I think it is time to go to Home Depot and get some lumber!

Props to you! I think I can hit that big on on TNT. If I would have known that was our only run... I might have tried it. I was expecting to see that area a couple more times... but you know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast