mtbr member

AZ Trail Riding at Christmas

Any recommendations for XC riding in Arizona during the Christmas break time frame? I don't like mud... hate snow... and being a solo rider (beginner to intermediate skill level) it would be nice to be in an area where I wouldn't be the only one out there. Suggestions? Thanks.

~ Jack

"Yabut"

OK, I'll do it......

See the sticky at the top of the forum......
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

It rains here. :(
    I'll recommend Desert Classic at South Mountain, Phoenix Mountain Preserve/T100, and McDowell Mountain Park's competitive loops. All three of these offer good fun without the isolation factor of say Estrella or Cave Creek, but that depends on the day of the week.

Oh and Christmas just happened, I guess you're big into planning ahead?

mtbr member
    yep... i'm a teacher and i'm already thinking about where to ride at christmas break.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Any of the rides in the Phoenix and Tucson areas.
    I AM JUST A JERK

No no...the OTHER LA.
    Jul 2005
    We drag the family to Phoenix just about every Christmas, and I always look forward to riding South Mountain. It accessible from so many spots and has quite a selection of trails. From "hardly break a sweat" Dessert Classic to "hack up a lung" National. As mentioned, check the sticky in this forum - there is a map of South Mountain there. It is absolute paradise when coming from 7300 feet up in New Mexico (with typical single digit temps that time of year...brrr).

It rains here. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardinLA
    We drag the family to Phoenix just about every Christmas, and I always look forward to riding South Mountain. It accessible from so many spots and has quite a selection of trails. From "hardly break a sweat" Dessert Classic to "hack up a lung" National. As mentioned, check the sticky in this forum - there is a map of South Mountain there. It is absolute paradise when coming from 7300 feet up in New Mexico (with typical single digit temps that time of year...brrr).

Coming from 7300 feet you shouldn't be hacking up a lung in low altitude Phoenix... uh now that I think about it, we do have a brown cloud of pollution sometimes and it sits about level with the top of Somo on National.