mtbr member

AZ folks + Hawes = good times

I was down in Phoenix last week and had the opportunity to ride for three days. With all the rain I decided to stay off So Mountain and I hit Hawes each day. I really liked Twisted Sister and climbing up Three Mine. I took some helmet cams of the more technical areas, fun stuff.

I met a guy named Jack on the trail and we rode around for a few hours my first day. He took a different route than he was planning on just to show me around and get me familiar with some of the trail names. I saw him out there every day I was there. Really good guy.

On my last day there I decided that since I hadn't had any flats or mechanicals my previous two days out I needed to have a few. So, after my third tube went flat I was out of tubes, and my glue was all dried up. A guy named Ryan was pedaling by and stopped to make sure I was OK. He gave me a tube and even sat there and pumped it up to make sure it would hold. Another really good guy. Thanks again Ryan!

I also chatted with a guy and his two lady friends for a little while as one of them was having derailleur issues, really friendly. Anyway, my point is, I think I've been in AZ to ride 4 or 5 times now, and every time I've ridden in AZ I've had good experiences with cool people. Now if you could only drop your summertime temperatures a few dozen degrees. Thanks!!!

Hawes Junkie
    This time of the year is absolutely best time to ride--lucky you!
    I've ridden Hawes for years and still love all that it has to offer and take away at the same time.

Glad you had a good experience with the riders out there-most are stellar and will help ya out but there are always those 'precious' few that leave you scratching your head.

AZ XC