Kathleen in AZ

Idea! ATTN: AZSF07 SoMo ride leaders

I've put together a rather detailed itinery for the rides on Friday in an attempt to get groups out at staggered intervals onto the trails.

ALL LEADERS/SWEEPERS: Find your name and let me know if you have any issues with your assigned ride and/or start time. Rides are suggestions only - every leader can do whatever they feel is best for the group.

A: Geronimo (Tiggerider, bugaroo) 7:15AM: Up National to Buena Vista (BV), down Geronimo, up Mormon (or road), down National
    A: Holbert (mzzm, mtbikeTodd) 7:30AM: Up National to BV continue on National to Holbert, down Holbert, up Geronimo (or Mormon or road), down National
    A: Telegraph (Dirtbag, Micky) 7:30AM: Up Mormon to BV, continue on National to Telegraph, return on Desert Classic to Goat to the Helipad, then Desert Classic to Secret trails with final return on Desert Classic.

B: Javalina/Mormon/National (Yuri, mintbiker) 7:30AM: Up fireroad to power lines, turn right onto Beverly Canyon and ride down Beverly Canyon by the apartments to the 46th St entrance. Up Javalina, then up Mormon to the Waterfall. Return via Mormon or National.
    B: Corona Loma (Durtgurl, Epicrider) 7:35AM: Up National to Buena Vista to Corona Loma, back Secret Trails to Desert Classic.
    B: Mormon/National/Javalina (MikeyAZ, dirtrodr) 7:45: Up National to BV to Holbert. Drop to road, back up road to BV, return via National or Mormon. Add in Javalina on the way down if group still has energy.
    B: National/Mormon (ScottN, A.P.B.) 8:00AM: Up National to BV, down Mormon.

C rides (PaulB, NoelG, Kaboose, Solorider) 8:00AM: Desert Classic stroll, Pima Canyon loops + Desert Classic

Yuri - did I get it right that you volunteered for Friday or am I losing it?
    Last edited by DurtGurl; 03-13-2007 at 08:26 AM.

Occidental Tourist

You may be losing it but that's separate deal ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Yuri - did I get it right that you volunteered for Friday or am I losing it?
    Indeed I did
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

im4Gsus
    kathleen,

i see the necessity for the A and B rides to be spaced in the staggered intervals you posted.

the C ride(s), however, are heading out desert classic which does not interfere with any of the other rides. why wait till 8am? we could start earlier... say get going by 7:30?

kaboose

paul b: please pm me your email address.
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    kathleen,

i see the necessity for the A and B rides to be spaced in the staggered intervals you posted.

the C ride(s), however, are heading out desert classic which does not interfere with any of the other rides. why wait till 8am? we could start earlier... say get going by 7:30?

kaboose

paul b: please pm me your email address.
    Funny... my tendancy is to assume that anyone and everyone would want their ride to start as late as possible. This is not because I have a problem waking up but because I have a genuine problem showing up on time (injecting subtle disclaimer here for my arrival at Fling events... but know that it is my goal as head dudette to be EARLY to every event this year!) Since the SoMo C groups are not going to pile up on each other like the A and B groups, I just assumed that both C's would head out at 8. I'm sorry I keep ignoring your early-bird heat-dodging tendancies!

Why don't you team up with Solorider, NoelG or PaulB and start your ride at 7:30AM and the other two can head out with the 2nd C group at 8AM?

Glutton for punishment

Looks good...

Would I be correct in assuming that we can combine my ride with Mikey's if there isn't a lot of interest in just up/down? TBD by # of bodies lining up for the ride @ 7:45ish?

SM

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottN
    Would I be correct in assuming that we can combine my ride with Mikey's if there isn't a lot of interest in just up/down? TBD by # of bodies lining up for the ride @ 7:45ish?

SM
    Definitely. My list is just a place to start. I hope that everyone, both riders and leaders, approach this event with an open mind. Go with the flow....

I am Doctor Remulak
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottN

SM
    We can decide while riding what everybody feels like doing. We're all going to stack up at the waterfall anyway.
    Last edited by AZ Mikey; 03-13-2007 at 07:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Looks good to me well go with the flow of the riders that show up and what they want to do GREAT job in putting it together.

Thanks Andy

It rains here. :(

Once again I see you're up to no good...
    What is it with you and these early starts? 30 minutes isn't going to make that much of a difference.

Just kidding...Wish I could be there, this fractured hand thing doesn't feel like it's ever going to heal.

pedaller
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Why don't you team up with Solorider, NoelG or PaulB and start your ride at 7:30AM and the other two can head out with the 2nd C group at 8AM?
    Hey Gang,

I'm in San Diego on Business and will be getting back LATE Thursday night, so I'll happily take the 8:00 start time for the C-ride. We'll be done in plenty of time to avoid the hottest part of the day!

See you Friday!

"Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

igoslo
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    Hey Gang,

I'm in San Diego on Business and will be getting back LATE Thursday night, so I'll happily take the 8:00 start time for the C-ride. We'll be done in plenty of time to avoid the hottest part of the day!

See you Friday!

I'll plan on getting there fairly early but 8am sounds like a good start time to me.

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbrous
    Once again I see you're up to no good...
    What is it with you and these early starts?
    ah, you know me well. i would rather start at 6am and enjoy a couple hours of "cool" temps than start later and have to deal with the scorching sun and heat. i rode t-100 today and by 10:30am it was getting uncomfortable. friday's high is gonna be 97!

since NoelG and SoloRider wanna take the 8am time, perhaps PaulB and i can head out at 7:30. we'll see. i think it's all gonna work out OK!! take care of that hand!

Saucy Size Moderator
    Ugh...Sativa yer killin' me!

Okay. I can be there 7:30ish. I live right off the trailhead so my excuses are few and far between (other than my inability to wake up).

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

im4Gsus

7:30ish??

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Ugh...Sativa yer killin' me!

Okay. I can be there 7:30ish.
    HA! that's me - slave driver, heat-hater!

ok, i'll give you a wake up call...say around...6:30am??

Saucy Size Moderator
    Don't you dare! I never sleep before a big group ride anyway.

Ish! Ish means maybe a little earlier too, you know.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

wrecking crew
    friday's high is gonna be 97!
    I hadn't seen that. Most of the weather info I heard on the news and online said Fridays high is going to be 91 or 92 ... (except for weather.com which is usually higher than most in general) Also take into account that the high occures in the late afternoon when everyone will be off the trails.

Weather Underground Forecast is 91
    8am: 64
    11am: 80
    2pm: 89
    5pm: 90

On second thought...don't listen to me. The weather people here are always off. Ultimately, you are right...it'll be quite hot. blah... Have fun out there! I gotta work...
    Last edited by su.ling~; 03-14-2007 at 03:48 PM.
    ~~~

Meatpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    8am: 64

mtbr member

Tigger and Bugaroo's plan

Our group will be doing more of a skills ride. We're hoping we can run a group that's more interested in attempting moves rather than speed. With this in mind the pace will be slow. The plan is that everyone gets 3 attempts at any given section before they take their place as a heckler of their fallen comrades.
    Going up Mormon (true Mormon) has a bit of hike-a-biking. If walking ruins your ride...try another group.
    Best move of the day will get to keep Tigger's chamois as a trophy.
    Snakes are out, all over the place, with this heat wave. Keep your eyes open!!!!!!
    AKA: G-wat