mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Arizona pump track builders?

I have about 2 acres in Prescott Valley that I am interested in building a pump track on. I was wondering if anyone knows of builders in the area that could consult on or build a track. Any experience or opinions? Tried google but nothing really showed up. I know there was a guy who built one in Prescott for the city but all I have is a name from the paper

Pivotal figure
    The guy who built the Prescott track wasn't a local builder so getting in touch with him will be difficult. I've worked on several tracks and there are lots of builders on here that have backyard tracks so you can be sure that more people will comment. Have you checked out the track in Prescott yet? It's a great example and can give you some ideas of where to start. Some big things to keep in mind are multiple lines, especially ways to reverse direction without stopping. Pumptracks are deceptively hard to build so be prepared to rework sections and resist the urge to take any shortcuts. Keeping things packed rockhard and smooth will really help with the flow. Sketch out your design (with things to scale) and mentally run thru it to see if it makes sense.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Shred...it's the new drug
    check leelikesbikes.com

he's is kung fu master of pumptracks...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Check out Action Sports Construction (ActionSportsConstruction.com) for information about having a pump track professionally built in your yard

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Does anyone know where there are pump tracks available to the public near SOMO? I've heard MMP has a very nice one, but was wondering if there was one closer to Ahwatukee.

mtbr member
    I have 7.5 acres in another state and briefly thought about something like that, but then it occurred to me that I couldn't control who would get on it, and from there to someone crashing, liability, etc. I believe the working term is "attractive nuisance". Not trying to be alarmist, but something to consider.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelmonkey View Post
    I have 7.5 acres in another state and briefly thought about something like that, but then it occurred to me that I couldn't control who would get on it, and from there to someone crashing, liability, etc. I believe the working term is "attractive nuisance". Not trying to be alarmist, but something to consider.
    a couple of these on the property should keep most folks out.

Name:  z128.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  19.4 KB

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Pump track...

We are just starting a pump track on our property out in Chandler. Can't wait for it to be done. We are rookies at building these, so I'm sure it will be a work in progress. But we do have a hay trailer that will be part of the track!