mtbr member
    May 2009

Arizona/Phoenix Forums?

I was just wondering...are there any Arizona or Phoenix specific forums out here? In Chicago, we had CAMBR and it was a great place to meet other riders and see local classifieds.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJake
    I was just wondering...are there any Arizona or Phoenix specific forums out here? In Chicago, we had CAMBR and it was a great place to meet other riders and see local classifieds.
    On where?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    On where?
    What do you mean? I just meant specific forums for just Arizona/Phoenix...like seperate websites...so all the talk/classifieds/etc are riders in Phoenix. I'm wanting to meet more local riders and will need a local classifieds for future purchases and Craigslist isn't always the best option.

mtbr member
    Ur looking at it...ding dong

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kensellu
    Ur looking at it...ding dong
    Right...no I know this AREA of the forum is Arizona specific...but the classifieds is not. And the topic discussions are not; only the ones posted here. I was wondering about seperate websites...maybe my explanation wasn't good enough

Something like this:

http://cambr.org/SMF/index.php?action=home

Give it a crank
    You'd miss out on the global collective knowledge you find around here, which also includes local forums for many regions. I like it when a hands-on aussie pops in on your thread with just the right tip. It's also great to lurk on other region's topics when planning a trip there.

Local forums like you ask about tend to have an excess of personality issues with too much local bs most users quickly get tired of. I know because I ran one not related to biking with 140 members for several years. It tends to keep out people from other regions who have a lot to share or would like to just participate. Why would you want to leave them out?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider
    Local forums like you ask about tend to have an excess of personality issues with too much local bs most users quickly get tired of.
    I couldn't agree more. I used to go on a sportbike forum in Chicago and all it was was BS...Fake tough guys...aka "internet gangstas" as I call them. but I just stayed away from that crap as much as possible. I really liked it more for meeting people in my area and classifieds were normally a lot better. But as I meet people to ride with I really will only care about the classifieds for when I upgrade.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Right...no I know this AREA of the forum is Arizona specific...but the classifieds is not. And the topic discussions are not; only the ones posted here. I was wondering about seperate websites...maybe my explanation wasn't good enough

Something like this:

http://cambr.org/SMF/index.php?action=home
    Well, when you click on Arizona, you can pretend you're being transported to another website......but what would that change?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem
    Well, when you click on Arizona, you can pretend you're being transported to another website......but what would that change?
    Like I've said 3 other times in this thread...a local classified better than Craigslist and an overall site dedicated to Arizona/Phoenix...What's confusing about that? I love MTBR...and I've gotten a ton of info from it...but there's only one spot to go to for AZ specific topics. Local forums have whole sections for specific trails, bike shops, etc. Just a lot easier to navigate through and easier for scheduled rides and meets.

mtbr member
    For more specific Phoenix area stuff try azfreeride.com
    By phoenix locals for phoenix locals.

mtbr member
    Like I've said 3 other times in this thread...a local classified better than Craigslist and an overall site dedicated to Arizona/Phoenix...What's confusing about that? I love MTBR...and I've gotten a ton of info from it...but there's only one spot to go to for AZ specific topics. Local forums have whole sections for specific trails, bike shops, etc. Just a lot easier to navigate through and easier for scheduled rides and meets.
    Have you checked out Craigslist? I think they have a Phoenix site, and I'm sure they sell bikes and bike stuff.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Have you checked out Craigslist? I think they have a Phoenix site, and I'm sure they sell bikes and bike stuff.

Hmm...what is this thing you call...Craigslist?!? Can I meet people on this site that is the list of Craig's? I'd hope there would be some single women that would do anything for a little bit of money...I wonder if they have that too??? Ooh...or a job site where you could get an "advertising" job with "Fortune 500" companies where you sell bulls#$% products in a duffle bag door to door?!? Hmm...I'll have to check it out, thanks!

Seriously though...when I read that...I LOL'd for real...at work...in front of a customer

"No Clue Crew"

Also made me LOL !

mtbr member
    DJake - it doesn't sound like there is currently a forum that meets your requirements and expectations. you should create one, then it will be exactly what you want and need.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    DJake - it doesn't sound like there is currently a forum that meets your requirements and expectations. you should create one, then it will be exactly what you want and need.
    It's not a requirement NOR an expectation. And I don't NEED a forum like that...I was just wondering if there was one out here. That's all.

EDR
    Local forums like you ask about tend to have an excess of personality issues with too much local bs most users quickly get tired of.
    Glad we don't have that problem here.