Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Arizona camping with biking suggestions

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  cstem 
#1 ·
Hey,

I'm looking to camp somewhere in the northern AZ area (pinetop, showlow, prescott, payson, etc) where I can go on a few bike rides right from the camp. It doesn't need to be a designated campground, dry camping ok. Preferably not too much elevation gain for the rides as the riders are somewhat beginner. Maybe 1k or so of gain. Basically I want to drive somewhere during the day. Setup camp and do an evening ride. Then wake up and do a morning ride. Then come home.

Any suggestions?

#4 ·
How about Lynx Lake in Prescott? There is a trail that runs right through it. Not challenging and really nice. Also there is a nice walking trail that goes around the lake, so there is a little for everyone. I've never camped there, but know several who have. I have ridden the trails and walked the paths though and enjoyed it very much. I had the trail map from Cosmic Ray book, but I am sure there are better ones for that trail specifically. Also, I believe Granite Basin in Prescott has camping? If so, trails again run right through there. Great trails and a lake at the end. I am not sure what was affected by recent fires, hopefully this was helpful

#8 ·
Carr Lake System up on the rim. From the dry camp on FR 9305 (I may have the number wrong) the system of 20 miles of single is only .5 miles away. It's also close to woods canyon for ice/food runs! The camp area is beautiful and even when full- the spots have at least 50 yards separation. Plus if you want more miles- from that system and Gen Crook Trail you can loop on a ton more miles. My new favorite spot!

Sent from your Moms phone using Tapinthat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.