mtbr member

Appeasing the Mountain Bike Gods

Not sure what I did to piss them off, but my last 3 rides have resulted in 2 broken chains, a slashed sidewall, a bad tube, and a broken spoke last night.

What usually works for you? Trail work days? Donations to the AZT? Offering sacraments? Consuming sacraments? Help me out!

DFL>DNF>DNS
    I've heard that a week in Costa Rica does wonders for your riding mojo.....
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    You need to send me cash immediately. PM for address.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevland View Post
    Not sure what I did to piss them off, but my last 3 rides have resulted in 2 broken chains, a slashed sidewall, a bad tube, and a broken spoke last night.

What usually works for you? Trail work days? Donations to the AZT? Offering sacraments? Consuming sacraments? Help me out!
    Please tell me Rick has not worked on your bike.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Meatbomb
    Time to break out the virgin .... if you can find one.

Give it a crank
    Bikes are high maintenance, get used to it. Keep spares of such items, both new and used ones, you never know when you'll need them to keep your bike rolling.

mtbr member
    Sacrifice a goat.

Meatbomb
    I doubt E has any virgin goats.... won't do any good

Dianetics Junior
    slumpbuster....

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Quote Originally Posted by freeskier46 View Post
    I've heard that a week in Costa Rica does wonders for your riding mojo.....
    Sure does, but you have to take the three weeks leading up to it off the bike as well, and that is only after heaving your bike into the desert as far and as violently as you can to cast out the demons while unleashing the longest, loudest streak of F-bombs an other profanities at the bike in the process. So after the nuclear mental breakdown of patience and perseverance, end with Costa Rica.

This was all after, from Jan to April, a broken shifter, two busted derailleurs, broken jump stop, at least a dozen chain breaks, broken pivot bolt, broken hanger, waiting three weeks for new hanger from Tree Fort Bikes after calling three times on two day shipping, broken chainring, and last but not least, cracked frame - all making me miss the AZT300 and AES Prescott Monstercross - I was super pissed for a looooong time.

Things are better now. The offending bike is hanging on the wall with hardly a part on it as punishment now. I highly recommend Costa Rica.....and the profanity and violence (for cathartic reasons).
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    How is Costa Rica in the virgin goat department?

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Quote Originally Posted by stevland View Post
    How is Costa Rica in the virgin goat department?
    Great! How do you think I got my mojo back? It wasn't all zip-lines, volcanoes and beaches that did it.

I hope you have a quicker turnaround from the MTB blues than I did. It suuuuuucks.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    You forgot to mention lobbing your helmet into the desert after one said chain incident. It's good to get the riding mojo back, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit View Post
    Sure does, but you have to take the three weeks leading up to it off the bike as well, and that is only after heaving your bike into the desert as far and as violently as you can to cast out the demons while unleashing the longest, loudest streak of F-bombs an other profanities at the bike in the process. So after the nuclear mental breakdown of patience and perseverance, end with Costa Rica.

This was all after, from Jan to April, a broken shifter, two busted derailleurs, broken jump stop, at least a dozen chain breaks, broken pivot bolt, broken hanger, waiting three weeks for new hanger from Tree Fort Bikes after calling three times on two day shipping, broken chainring, and last but not least, cracked frame - all making me miss the AZT300 and AES Prescott Monstercross - I was super pissed for a looooong time.

Things are better now. The offending bike is hanging on the wall with hardly a part on it as punishment now. I highly recommend Costa Rica.....and the profanity and violence (for cathartic reasons).
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth