mtbr member

Anyone tied in with The Boy Scouts or youth groups?

Anyone tied in with The Boy Scouts or youth groups?

I would like to organize a BCT trail day with the Boy Scouts. The BCT Coalition gets matching funds for every volunteer so we could provide a learning experience for the youngsters, get a lot of trail built and generate funds to allow us to bring in the professional trail crews.

Thanks,

Jeff

mtbr member
    I'm a scout master, but we are all the way over in Sa Tan Valley

mtbr member
    We would gladly have you out if its something the troops are interested in.

If you know of any other troops in the Phoenix area you can have them contact us. I can PM you if you need the contact info.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I have sent a note to the scout master for my son's troop.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by desert flyer View Post
    I have sent a note to the scout master for my son's troop.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Hi Jeff - PM me your info. I have a buddy that is a scoutmaster with a very active large group in the southeast valley....I know they travel all over the state camping and doing projects. I'll pass your information on to him.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azokie View Post
    Hi Jeff - PM me your info. I have a buddy that is a scoutmaster with a very active large group in the southeast valley....I know they travel all over the state camping and doing projects. I'll pass your information on to him.
    PM sent. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I am a Scoutmaster, we would be happy to come do an overnight camp out and then service day on a Saturday, probably sometime in the spring.

Also we pretty regularly have boys looking for Eagle projects, so if there is something specific that can be written up as that I could pitch it to the boys that are looking right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azorr View Post
    I am a Scoutmaster, we would be happy to come do an overnight camp out and then service day on a Saturday, probably sometime in the spring.

Also we pretty regularly have boys looking for Eagle projects, so if there is something specific that can be written up as that I could pitch it to the boys that are looking right now.
    That sounds like a lot of fun. If we get the Castle Creek go ahead, that would be an awesome camp out up in the pines by Horsethief Basin. There is also the Copper mountain Loop were currently working on.

The projects portion almost has endless possibilities. I would need to talk to the coalition to figure how to route things but scouts could be involved in working with the USFS guy routing the trail, our BLM coordinators or possibly get involved in the archeological/environmental study side of things.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Other youth groups

AKA. Here in Casa Grande our trails project has benefited greatly with volunteers from the Border Patrol Explorers and Civil Air Patrol Cadets.
    Both groups have been great to work with. BP will bring 20-40 Explorers age 13-18 to 2 or 3 of the build days. Civil Air Cadets show up at every build with 6-20 youngsters. Great workers also. They listen and work hard. The group leaders are easy to work with and keep the kids in line.
    They volunteered through the city coordinator so I don.t know how to get in touch with them.
    Just passing along the info. Good Luck!

mtbr member
    That sounds like good stuff... we do 1 camp out a month. January is our annual snow camp out and February we have a camporee, but we could plan this as our March outing. What do I need to do to get this done?

Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt View Post
    That sounds like a lot of fun. If we get the Castle Creek go ahead, that would be an awesome camp out up in the pines by Horsethief Basin. There is also the Copper mountain Loop were currently working on.

The projects portion almost has endless possibilities. I would need to talk to the coalition to figure how to route things but scouts could be involved in working with the USFS guy routing the trail, our BLM coordinators or possibly get involved in the archeological/environmental study side of things.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgcharlie View Post
    AKA. Here in Casa Grande our trails project has benefited greatly with volunteers from the Border Patrol Explorers and Civil Air Patrol Cadets.
    Both groups have been great to work with. BP will bring 20-40 Explorers age 13-18 to 2 or 3 of the build days. Civil Air Cadets show up at every build with 6-20 youngsters. Great workers also. They listen and work hard. The group leaders are easy to work with and keep the kids in line.
    They volunteered through the city coordinator so I don.t know how to get in touch with them.
    Just passing along the info. Good Luck!
    Thanks for the tip Charlie!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azorr View Post
    That sounds like good stuff... we do 1 camp out a month. January is our annual snow camp out and February we have a camporee, but we could plan this as our March outing. What do I need to do to get this done?
    I will email everyone on the coalition and get the ball rolling.

Old and Slow
    Send me some info, I have some BSA contacts in Prescott, much closer to the north end of BCT!
    Getting out there one day at a time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfPrescott View Post
    Send me some info, I have some BSA contacts in Prescott, much closer to the north end of BCT!
    PM sent