mtbr member

Anyone riding in Phoenix this Saturday afternoon?

I usually always ride in the mornings, but the wife made plans for this weekends mornings, and my chance to ride is this afternoon. Just curious where people will be this afternoon. I plan on being on a trail around 4:30 and not sure which trail. Curious where people will be, maybe I'll run in to someone?
    “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
-Grant Petersen

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonnemb View Post
    I usually always ride in the mornings, but the wife made plans for this weekends mornings, and my chance to ride is this afternoon. Just curious where people will be this afternoon. I plan on being on a trail around 4:30 and not sure which trail. Curious where people will be, maybe I'll run in to someone?
    Based on my experience you will likely be alone...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    If it's still too hot to ride in the afternoon (never was, really), some of you need to move.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    i'm going to go for my first 3-days-in-a-row out at hawes for the first time since april. I want to include an NRA out-n-back so i need to start by 3.
    i just dumped 3oz stans in each tire, so bring on the cholla so as long as my tire doesn't fling them into my balls

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I was thinking of taking a quick burn or around at Deem around 3, 3:30 if you're in the northern neck of the woods...

mtbr member
    I was actually thinking deems, as I've never been. But I really can't get there until 4:00 to 4:30 since wife is currently working. Also don't know how to get there. I'm in Waddell, south of Surprise. May be my best option, so if you see a brown Enduro and a green jersey, that's me. Time to search the forum for Deems info. Otherwise I may just do SOMO DC telegraph national loop. We shall see
-Grant Petersen

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    i'm going to go for my first 3-days-in-a-row out at hawes for the first time since april. I want to include an NRA out-n-back so i need to start by 3.
    i just dumped 3oz stans in each tire, so bring on the cholla so as long as my tire doesn't fling them into my balls
    Cholla balls and man balls is a terrible combo. That's a fun trail to live near. Wish I was closer.
-Grant Petersen

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Nice, Deems is fun if you've never been. Just know that it won't be as interesting as Tele/National and you'll have enough travel left over to take a trip to China if you ride it on an Enduro. But, if you're up for an XC ride it's a good one.

Best way to get there is go up 101, exit 59th Ave and go north (left), east (right) on Pinnacle Peak Rd, north (left) on 51st Ave, east (right) at the stop sign on Deem Hills Pkwy, right into the park. Trailhead is at the back of the parking lot. Outer loop is like 6 miles. I find riding counter clockwise more enjoyable.

I'll probably get there between 3:30 and 4. Grayish Rumblefish, green jersey.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. Not too far from my house actually. Now to hope the boss gets out of work on time.
-Grant Petersen

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Sorry, *clockwise* is better.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Only saw 6 out there this afternoon. Just got back.

Sunday afternoons are also not popular for some reason. Sunday mornings are a traffic jam...

Bob

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Just got back as well, started on east side to the top the around to the west counter... Two singles and one pair... Loving not having to start at early am or night time