Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anybody carry POC in Phoenix?

1K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Casual Observer 
#1 ·
In the market for a new helmet. Would like to see how the POC fits. Any other brands I should be looking at? It's at last 4 years since I bought a helmet, so not sure what's out there.

I'm 6'1", 185, and ride a SS 29er 32X20. I'd consider myself mostly XC and AM/FR, and 50% DH/urban. I think maybe a bit enduro as well, but still not sure what enduro means. Also, I'm right handed if that helps.

#6 ·
My second helmet is actually a Ironman helmet I bought at Costco. But to be blunt, 1) I no longer shop at Costco, and 2) I want to help support a local business and bike shop. I'm willing to spend a bit more for looks and weight, as long as it's supporting putting food on somebody's table.

#12 ·
Ping Tommy Collins (Salty Dog) about a Kali. Deanna and I both got Maraka's (I think that's the one) from him earlier this year...best helmet I've ever had, but spendy. That said, they have a number of much less expensive ones...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Ping Tommy Collins (Salty Dog) about a Kali. Deanna and I both got Maraka's (I think that's the one) from him earlier this year...best helmet I've ever had, but spendy. That said, they have a number of much less expensive ones...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
I've tried on the Kali's, and they feel funny on my head. Fit is very, very important to me.

#18 ·
Jeff: Flat Tire in Cave Creek has a pretty good selection of the non-pro Trabec.

I bought a M/L one, but it fits a bit too snug on my fat head. I should have bought the larger size. If you are interested, I would sell it to you for half of what I paid for it. I've used it a few times, but it is in great shape.

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.