gap
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Anybody biking this Sunday (11/30)?

Just moved to Chandler AZ from CA. Looking forward to riding some of the AZ trails. If anyone is biking this Sunday, I would like to tag along. Probably in the Pheonix area. Let me know.

gap
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Don't make me go alone, I'll get lost!!!

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by gap
    Don't make me go alone, I'll get lost!!!
    Depending on what type of riding you are looking for (XC/FR/DH) South Mountain is where you want to be if you want to stay in Phoenix.

There will more than likely be groups riding and posting on here later in the week, if not stop at Cactus Bike @ 48th and Elliot (close to the trailhead) and grab a map of the park. Its not very easy to get lost out there as its pretty much surrounded by the city. The worst you can do is have a long pedal back on the road.

Not a Barry supporter.
    I'm in Chandler also and ride SoMo all the time. However, this weekend I'm in the WV so no EV rides for me.

What type of riding do you do?
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Me and some buddies are doing a ride in the McDowells this sunday. You're more than welcome to join us.

gap
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I like to ride XC or trail riding. I like it when the trail gets technical, but don't do any big jumps or drops.

gap
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Ok, I've decided to go biking at South Mountain this Sunday. Is anyone else riding SoMo this Sunday that doesn't mind me tagging along?

mtbr member
    I'm gonna ride Desert Classic on my SS tomorrow morning. Probably around 8. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to tag along.

Just Joshin' ya!
    I am interested in riding SOMO. I thought about Trail 100 but I am not so into it anymore. Better to stay closer to home. I am down for National or Desert Classic. 8 am may be a stretch but I will try for it.

Yo GAP, let us know what you are thinking.
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

mtbr member
    I'm down for DC twomorrow.

NardoSS
    Pima had about 25 hikers from the parking lot to the top saddle today around 10am. They messed up my flow up and downhill so keep that in mind tomorrow.

Hikers in brand new scuff free hiking boots and pretty new clothes not wanting to move and giving me looks whereas the regulars were friendly and smiling. lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    Pima had about 25 hikers from the parking lot to the top saddle today around 10am. They messed up my flow up and downhill so keep that in mind tomorrow.

Hikers in brand new scuff free hiking boots and pretty new clothes not wanting to move and giving me looks whereas the regulars were friendly and smiling. lol
    That's why I'm glad I'm off on some weekdays. I rarely ever ride National/Mormon on the weekends anymore. I just join the hoards and take my kids and dog hiking.

Just Joshin' ya!
    So it looks like DC at 8 am? If you don't see me on a black Scott or a blue Haro, don't wait up!
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

mtbr member
    Are you starting at pima canyon?

mtbr member
    gap and I will. We'll try to be there at the Pima TH by 8. I have a white tacoma with a shell. I'll be on my Monocog 29er. I'm not looking for a huge ride. I'm thinking Pima TH to secret to Warpaint loop and back. Maybe throw in the bench also. Mellow pace.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    gap and I will. We'll try to be there at the Pima TH by 8. I have a white tacoma with a shell. I'll be on my Monocog 29er. I'm not looking for a huge ride. I'm thinking Pima TH to secret to Warpaint loop and back. Maybe throw in the bench also. Mellow pace.
    think i saw you, i was on the black and white fetish with a blue jersey

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SRacer
    think i saw you, i was on the black and white fetish with a blue jersey
    Probably. I did notice someone on a discipline or something. There were a bunch of bikes on the trail today. Everyone seemed to be having a good time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    Probably. I did notice someone on a discipline or something. There were a bunch of bikes on the trail today. Everyone seemed to be having a good time.
    nope, i was on the fs addiction, definitely a good day to ride

gap
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

good ride

Yeah, it definately was a good day to ride.

Thanks again to Kendogg for giving me the tour of DC!