Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    91

    Any Local Shops have medium demo 8 (2010 or 2011)

    Looking to test ride a medium specialized demo, anyone know if a shop in the valley has one. I checked with the west side shops and no one has one. Thanks
    Last edited by Olie12; 07-13-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    2011 Euro Gold Demo 8

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fattirebliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    253
    Exhale Bikes I 17 and Bell road

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    91
    I went in there last week and didnt see one, alot of xc stuff but no demo. Ill try again today
    2011 Euro Gold Demo 8

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Evil Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,608
    Sabino Cycles may have one.
    -- Evil Patrick

    My Music

    My Videos

    Ride everything! Remember, Elvis died pushing.

  5. #5
    meow
    Reputation: Cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    549
    Landis Scottsdale had some Spec. demo bikes last time I was there.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    659
    I'm guessing the OP is talking about a Demo 7, or 8 which is a downhill bike, not just "a specialized bike" he can demo.

    Try Global or DNA, I think they are Specialized dealers that sometimes have downhill bikes in stock and on the sales floor.

  7. #7
    No Clue Crew
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,783
    Scottsdale DNA didn't have much "bigger travel" stock about 10 days ago when I was in there. Certainly no DH bikes and didn't appear any Enduros or even 26 Stumpys.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    91
    oops I apologize, I was asking about the specialized demo 8, their DH bike. I realize they are rare to have in stock. Not a big market but I would like to sit on one to compare sizing
    2011 Euro Gold Demo 8

  9. #9
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Olie12 View Post
    oops I apologize, I was asking about the specialized demo 8, their DH bike. I realize they are rare to have in stock. Not a big market but I would like to sit on one to compare sizing

    If you buy one, can I demo your demo. Just sold my 2008 and would love to try the new one.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    If you buy one, can I demo your demo. Just sold my 2008 and would love to try the new one.
    Yea you can be the first person to demo my demo I love my sx but I want a proper DH bike. Talk to a couple shops apparently they are out of mediums in the base model so if I want one I might have to build it up. That or wait for the 2012 demo 8
    2011 Euro Gold Demo 8

  11. #11
    suvlako
    Reputation: suvlako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    484
    No need to demo the demo. Just buy it! I sold my 2010 and got the 2011 and the bike is incredible. You will not be dissappointed... Lower center of gravity(lower bb) slightly longer wheelbase and the rc4 shock is awesome. Good luck with the demo demo. Most shops look at you like you have three heads when you mention dh.

  12. #12
    suvlako
    Reputation: suvlako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    484
    BTW, if you catch me at Sunrise next weekend, you can ride my wife's medium.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    91
    Well I figure Im 6ft and I ride a 2009 medium sx trail I would fit perfectly on a medium demo. I cant make sunrise this whole month because of work. I did find a new 2010 demo 8 II from a shop at a discount but not really ready to buy til next month.
    2011 Euro Gold Demo 8

  14. #14
    wretch
    Reputation: Truckee Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    If you buy one, can I demo your demo. Just sold my 2008 and would love to try the new one.
    It's worth it . . .

    Might have a large 2011 for sale coming up soon on the cheap if anyone's looking. . .feel free to PM. I'll be placing an add soon.

  15. #15
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Olie12 View Post
    Well I figure Im 6ft and I ride a 2009 medium sx trail I would fit perfectly on a medium demo. I cant make sunrise this whole month because of work. I did find a new 2010 demo 8 II from a shop at a discount but not really ready to buy til next month.

    That sounds about right. According to the sizing I would be looking at the small and I am 5'8". So at 6ft the medium would fit you perfect. Sam Hill was running the small and he's 5'8" as well.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  16. #16
    ******ed or Branded??
    Reputation: doodooboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,995
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    That sounds about right. According to the sizing I would be looking at the small and I am 5'8". So at 6ft the medium would fit you perfect. Sam Hill was running the small and he's 5'8" as well.
    so your the new "Spam Hill" with the musubi maker you just got!!! hahahaha

  17. #17
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    so your the new "Spam Hill" with the musubi maker you just got!!! hahahaha
    Yes, Sir Spam A Lot!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    91
    Well looks like the earliest for the 2012 frames is late august but the shop told me thats more like mid september. That sucks but gives me time to save and sell my current bike.

    Also new 2012 demo is apparently 10spd... seems like to many gears but cool to know none the less
    2011 Euro Gold Demo 8

  19. #19
    here to make friends
    Reputation: Mr_Nice_Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by General Havoc View Post
    I'm guessing the OP is talking about a Demo 7, or 8 which is a downhill bike, not just "a specialized bike" he can demo.

    Try Global or DNA, I think they are Specialized dealers that sometimes have downhill bikes in stock and on the sales floor.
    Too bad Supergo isn't around anymore, I think you used to be able to go in there and buy one "12 months same as cash" even if you didn't have a job or a way to pay for it! That was a great system...

  20. #20
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Olie12 View Post
    Well looks like the earliest for the 2012 frames is late august but the shop told me thats more like mid september. That sucks but gives me time to save and sell my current bike.

    Also new 2012 demo is apparently 10spd... seems like to many gears but cool to know none the less
    Plus the 2012 has the skittle puke color.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

Similar Threads

  1. Local Shops ???
    By bmiller02 in forum Arizona
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 12:50 PM
  2. Local Shops
    By jeffkenn in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 05:56 PM
  3. Local Shops
    By FoolCyclist in forum Arizona
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 09:07 PM
  4. Local Shops...
    By El profeta negro in forum Arizona
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 02:52 PM
  5. Calling All Shops And People Who Frequent Their Local Shops
    By terribleein in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 05:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •