mtbr member

Any good riding tomorrow?

Seeing if anyone has any plans to beat the heat tomorrow or any good riding plans... let me know !

dirt visionary
    we get more peeps tpgether and I will do globe again. So facking awesome today up there. we never got above 90 at the base and that was for about an hr until the storms rolled thru. rest of the time was around 75
    Last edited by clockwork; 07-24-2010 at 09:46 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Just Joshin' ya!
    I am hitting up Somo in the morning pretty early. I don't think I can make the globe shuttles though I would like to! I might head out to Hawes as well.
    What do we want? TIME TRAVEL! When do want it? THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

Shred...it's the new drug
    prescott was sick today!!! Thumb butte trails were butter...

Swamp Thaang Groupie
    McPump tomorrow BT by 7AM

Elitest thrill junkie
    It was super-tack!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

dirt visionary
    Nice . Just didn't want to show up and track up your local trails if they was too wet.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Flagstaff was pretty awesome today too. Not sure what trails I did, was with a group of people. Really fast and for the most part tacky.

No Clue Crew
    I plan on hitting 40th St -> 8 -> Medicine Wheel -> T100 -> 220 -> Chutes -> T100 -> 1A -> VOAZ -> Upper Cheese Grater -> 1A -> T100 -> Zipper -> 40th St. It'll be my first time with that entire route, my first time UP VOAZ and DOWN Cheese Grater so we'll see how badly I break myself...

Plan on being on the trail a little after 5a.

mtbr member
    eyy dan julian ready for t100 & sorrounding trails ; -) r u???? let me know....

mtbr member
    too much fried chicken... no riding for me today

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DankyCass
    too much fried chicken... no riding for me today
    lies!

mtbr member
    DC at 3am was very nice. End to end before the sun came up. Nice full moon, turned orange just as it went down. Not bad for the middle of July.

No Clue Crew
    Man, ever have one of those days? I can't remember the last time I rode so horribly.

OTB twice heading down Chutes. Completely pussed out on the first step down. I know I can make it, I've made it many times before (4 or 5 years ago when I was riding regularly), but I see the first one and I lock it up. That was the first OTB. Stopped right at the edge of the step down and as the bike was pitching me forward I just basicly stood up. No biggie. Other than being a complete puss.

The next one was after the last step on Chutes where it's that REALLY tight right turn, with all the loose sh1t, the one that you basicly drag your rear wheel around the corner followed by the sharp left. I braked around the right but somehow lost my line and wound up hitting a rock with my wheel turned left. That one threw me way over the bars and I took a 15 foot jog down the hill. Landed on my feet so no real damage, just frustrating that I know that section but that first step down is in my head.

VOAZ up? That was frakking tough. It wasn't Hairball/Cheese Grater "there's no way in hell any human can pedal up this" tough but more a "I've got to conquer this" tough. It's .4 miles, almost all up, and fairly technical. Since it's up you gotta be pedaling but there's more than a couple sections where you have to take a half a stroke on your pedal and back up because you've got rocks underneath both cranks with just enough space between them for your tires. And, of course, when you stop pedaling you lose momentum. Very tough but it won't be my last time up it as I know I can make it with some practice.

And where VOAZ spits you out onto Cheese Grater is tough. That first 20 or 30 yards is loose, rocky, several steps down, and the intersection isn't positioned so that I could get any kind of momentum with which to smoothly ride through everything. Once I cleared that first section of thick, loose sh1t the ride down Cheese Grater was nice. I do not believe I'll be riding Upper Cheese Grader anytime soon, though.

The rest of the route was fairly normal but that VOAZ up section really kicked my a$$. I liked this whole route, though. 7.5 miles and about 1:40 including all the breathers I took.

Here's the whole route: 40th St -> 8 -> Med Wheel -> 100 -> 220 -> Chutes -> 100 -> 1A -> VOAZ -> Cheese Grater -> 1A -> 100 -> Zipper -> 40th St.

Shred...it's the new drug
    nice bigO...we gotta ride some time, I like your style

No Clue Crew
    Come on... admit it... you just want someone to laugh at

mtbr member
    I actually did make it out to Sedona for the first time.... rode some easyish stuff and hopped in the creek And now I am beat, good 12 miles of xc

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike
    Man, ever have one of those days? I can't remember the last time I rode so horribly.

OTB twice heading down Chutes. Completely pussed out on the first step down. I know I can make it, I've made it many times before (4 or 5 years ago when I was riding regularly), but I see the first one and I lock it up. That was the first OTB. Stopped right at the edge of the step down and as the bike was pitching me forward I just basicly stood up. No biggie. Other than being a complete puss.

The next one was after the last step on Chutes where it's that REALLY tight right turn, with all the loose sh1t, the one that you basicly drag your rear wheel around the corner followed by the sharp left. I braked around the right but somehow lost my line and wound up hitting a rock with my wheel turned left. That one threw me way over the bars and I took a 15 foot jog down the hill. Landed on my feet so no real damage, just frustrating that I know that section but that first step down is in my head.

VOAZ up? That was frakking tough. It wasn't Hairball/Cheese Grater "there's no way in hell any human can pedal up this" tough but more a "I've got to conquer this" tough. It's .4 miles, almost all up, and fairly technical. Since it's up you gotta be pedaling but there's more than a couple sections where you have to take a half a stroke on your pedal and back up because you've got rocks underneath both cranks with just enough space between them for your tires. And, of course, when you stop pedaling you lose momentum. Very tough but it won't be my last time up it as I know I can make it with some practice.

And where VOAZ spits you out onto Cheese Grater is tough. That first 20 or 30 yards is loose, rocky, several steps down, and the intersection isn't positioned so that I could get any kind of momentum with which to smoothly ride through everything. Once I cleared that first section of thick, loose sh1t the ride down Cheese Grater was nice. I do not believe I'll be riding Upper Cheese Grader anytime soon, though.

The rest of the route was fairly normal but that VOAZ up section really kicked my a$$. I liked this whole route, though. 7.5 miles and about 1:40 including all the breathers I took.

Here's the whole route: 40th St -> 8 -> Med Wheel -> 100 -> 220 -> Chutes -> 100 -> 1A -> VOAZ -> Cheese Grater -> 1A -> 100 -> Zipper -> 40th St.

Nice loop Mike!!!........Drew

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Grave9
    Nice loop Mike!!!........Drew
    I enjoyed it. It was fun and challenging in spots and a great workout. I don't believe I've worked so hard getting up VOAZ as the day several weeks ago when I tried to pedal to the saddle of 8 via the Sassy route.

It didn't help that the GF and I did a CrossFit routine Saturday which was, among other things, squats. Between the squats and up VOAZ my legs are TOAST.

My buddy had to back out Sunday but he said he'd like to try to make it Thursday morning so I'll try it again then

I figure if I can do it at least twice a week I should be able to make it up VOAZ in a couple weeks.