Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    If you think you can

Another Sedona post, I know, not again!

It seems like there is a little bit of drama going on around the subject of riding in Sedona. It's a shame because it is such an amazing destination with some really fun, exciting and challenging trails.
    I will be out there this Friday, the 24th through the following Friday and will be doing at least 3-4 rides if anyone wants to join. I rode highline an hangover last time and loved them. Rode more designated trails the year before. Im always up fr something new and challenging if anyone has any suggestions. If not, I know enough to have a good time.

mtbr member
    We're gettin some rain southwest of Sedona at the moment, with more forcast for the next couple of days. If you're gonna camp...bring a tent.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 62kona View Post
    It seems like there is a little bit of drama going on around the subject of riding in Sedona. It's a shame because it is such an amazing destination with some really fun, exciting and challenging trails.
    I will be out there this Friday, the 24th through the following Friday and will be doing at least 3-4 rides if anyone wants to join. I rode highline an hangover last time and loved them. Rode more designated trails the year before. Im always up fr something new and challenging if anyone has any suggestions. If not, I know enough to have a good time.
    kona:

How good a rider are you, and how good are you at following directions? Did you have any issues with Hangover on the steep sections?

TD

mtbr member
    TD, regardless of the volunteer work you've done, you are a poor ambassador for Sedona. After reading these drama threads from 5k miles away and with no dog in the fight or ax (hoe?) to grind, I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. No longer. I suspect your many critics are spot on. Kona said he loved Hangover - period. What purpose is there in calling him out with such a rude post? Who the heck are YOU! Well I guess you've already answered that many times over: Narcissist, egomaniac, drama queen, king of trolls, pedant... If I had your wife's email address I'd recommend she hide the computer from you and start planning for the intervention. What ever good you've done for Sedona trail riding, you've negated many times over. Ignore button from now on.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by veloborealis View Post
    TD, regardless of the volunteer work you've done, you are a poor ambassador for Sedona. After reading these drama threads from 5k miles away and with no dog in the fight or ax (hoe?) to grind, I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. No longer. I suspect your many critics are spot on. Kona said he loved Hangover - period. What purpose is there in calling him out with such a rude post? Who the heck are YOU! Well I guess you've already answered that many times over: Narcissist, egomaniac, drama queen, king of trolls, pedant... If I had your wife's email address I'd recommend she hide the computer from you and start planning for the intervention. What ever good you've done for Sedona trail riding, you've negated many times over. Ignore button from now on.
    Wow velo I am going to share the goods with a fellow rider and you think I am a dirt bag. The trail I was going to offer (https://vimeo.com/40351324) is a lot more steep than Hangover, so I wanted to see if kona was comfortable with steep slickrock and routing on slickrock where there is no distinguishable trail.

As you say I must be all those things you are accusing me of.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Wow velo I am going to share the goods with a fellow rider and you think I am a dirt bag.
    As you say I must be all those things you are accusing me of.
    Right. You see veloborealis...traildoc is not a really bad fellow. He just does bad things!

Because...just as a broken clock can be right twice a day, so can a Narcissist, egomaniac, drama queen, king of trolls, pedant retired old fart of a mountain biker occasionally direct a newb to a mountain bike trail.

TD. These trails you are going to show 62kona. These are legal, authorized, sanctioned, FS permitted trails are they not? Wouldn't want to see him get arrested, kicked out of the forrest and fined a thousand bucks.

banned
    TD. These trails you are going to show 62kona. These are legal, authorized, sanctioned, FS permitted trails are they not?

NOPE, he needs to go to Bike & Bean for those trails. I think they took a group down it recently, check out their facebook page

Wouldn't want to see him get arrested, kicked out of the forest and fined a thousand bucks.

I am more concerned he will get lost, but their is good cell service so he can call me for directions.

Meatbomb
    can we please just ban TD so we can have a discussion about sedona without the chest thumping?

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    If there were any moderation at all in this forum, he would've been banned years ago.

dirt visionary
    Remember we ran the mods off lol...Back in the day of unicorns, tummy sticks and meat rainbows
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    .Back in the day of unicorns, tummy sticks and meat rainbows
    Is that the name of 3 user built trails that only 70% of the 30%'rs can ride? Or just gay tourons in the motorcasa?

skilldest©
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    Remember we ran the mods off lol...Back in the day of unicorns, tummy sticks and meat rainbows
    I still cringe at that one censored pic of the broken finger...I miss chuck's humor

Team God!
    BAN the MOFO!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
    REALLY, TD STFU!
    "Wisdom is the Chief element of happiness, and then there is ice cream!"

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Is that the name of 3 user built trails that only 70% of the 30%'rs can ride? Or just gay tourons in the motorcasa?
    the later
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

If you think you can
    Wow, that got out of hand quick! haha.
    Thanks TD, the trail in that video looks awesome. I handled the steep parts on hangover fine. I like steep and rough. I usually ride DH so thats my style.
    I'm pretty good with directions i guess, but if i have to constantly stop to read where to go next, i think it takes the fun out of the ride. If its really easy to get lost without checking for directions every 5 minutes, maybe it would be best if I rode that trail with someone who knows it. I know your out of town, so is there anyone else who likes riding that stuff who might want to go out next week. As long as it dries up soon.

If you think you can
    And how do the trails in the area take heavy rain? Do they get beaten up and need a few days to dry out or they just get tacky and perfect? You guys usually ride right after rain?
    I know in my area, some trails are perfect after rain, others we stay off of for a few days.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    If there were any moderation at all in this forum, he would've been banned years ago.
    Amen.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 62kona View Post
    And how do the trails in the area take heavy rain? Do they get beaten up and need a few days to dry out or they just get tacky and perfect? You guys usually ride right after rain?
    I know in my area, some trails are perfect after rain, others we stay off of for a few days.
    kona:

I hope you are enjoying the passion the AZ MTBR forum provides. Your post is the perfect example of how the sharing of great trails works. If I was in town I would show you what I consider to be the best ride in Sedona.

There are others like helimech that ride the trail and share it with others, but heli is a responsible working man and doesn't always have the time to show others around.

There are others that know the route and may PM you. Due to the steepness I would not recommend it in the rain unless you are in the Wade Simmons category of rider. That being said the best area shortly after a heavy rain period is West Sedona near the High School.

Special Ed, Pyramid, Witch Doctor, Under the Radar, Templeton, Easy Breezy, Slim Shady, Highline and Baldwin are pretty much all weather trails.

Good luck with your stay.

TD

mtbr member
    What traildoc said.

And if you're gonna camp...bring a tent.

mtbr member
    I'd rather read the tummy stick, meat rainbow, ginger docking and vuvuzala threads than anything by some really old guys from the great red north.

mtbr member
    Yet, here your are, reading it anyway. Life is funny, aye single Speed?

Saucy Size Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    Amen.
    So do you want moderation or not? Or just when you snap your fingers? Because I'm telling you, we're getting extremely mixed messages from the AZ community.

Nobody has yet done the work I specifically requested. To restate: provide links and explanations of what posting guidelines you feel are being violated, and we'll begin the review process for timeouts and/or bans.

If your reaction to that is "duh, that's the moderator's job," well... you're wrong. It isn't. Maybe it's unclear what it is moderators do, but I can tell you that evaluating every post in every thread is not part of it.

So once more: read the guidelines, provide links, explain your reasoning. PM me and/or David with it.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion_ View Post
    Yet, here your are, reading it anyway. Life is funny, aye single Speed?
    You must be one of the old guys. Hi old guy. Yep , I'm here, busted. Your irony meter is top shelf for your age.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    So do you want moderation or not? Or just when you snap your fingers? Because I'm telling you, we're getting extremely mixed messages from the AZ community.

Nobody has yet done the work I specifically requested. To restate: provide links and explanations of what posting guidelines you feel are being violated, and we'll begin the review process for timeouts and/or bans.

If your reaction to that is "duh, that's the moderator's job," well... you're wrong. It isn't. Maybe it's unclear what it is moderators do, but I can tell you that evaluating every post in every thread is not part of it.

So once more: read the guidelines, provide links, explain your reasoning. PM me and/or David with it.

p.

Do not go and get your moderator panties in a bunch Paul. If you cannot see the disruption to the forum with all this Sedona crap. Not sure what to tell you. Does TD bait people in sure! That alone should be addressed with him. Little common sense is all that is needed by the moderators and users. TD is not going to stop and if I or anyone else stops responding to him. Someone else will step in, it is the nature of the beast. So you let these problems continue and tell more and more to ignore him. Explain to me how these Sedona threads look to the new member coming to the AZ forum for riding info. Is the goal to promote riding in AZ or have three threads a day started by TD about the same thing he posted the day before?

You want specifics? Show me where in the rules it states. Users can bait others into debates simply to disrupt the forum for personal gratification?

[SIZE=2]Edit:

7.) The message is posted as "flame-bait" and is posted to incite flames and insults.

Apply it to which ever thread you want. I could find dozens. [/SIZE]

Last edited by Cycle64; 08-24-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    A simple solution is to ignore what you don't want to read. Yah it's annoying but to each their own. This is the first TD/Sedona thread I've clicked on for months. I chose not to click on the other 983 threads.
    No Mods needed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast