banned

Another OK Ride in Sedona

My wife went on a Wednesday Mountain Bike Heaven ride with several riders from Calgary while I stayed home doing some badly needed gardening. When she got back from the ride she indicated the riders from CA NAID E A would like to ride something extra special and how about Hangover?

She gave them my number and Thrusday night my cell phone rang showing a call from Alberta. I answered, "when do you want to start the ride and I suggest Highline". Ryan said OK, so that is where I took them after dropping a car off at Cresent Moon Parking lot.

We rode Special Ed to Pyramid to Witch Doctor to Pyramd to Templeton to Silme Shady to Highline to Baldwin to Templeton and back to the car. When we were on the high point of Highline at the sectacular viewpoint Ryan asked, "how much longer of a ride, I am almost out of water." I told him about 30 minutes. At that point I turned on the video recorder and this is the ride from that point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9y7HrVIAC0

Ryan was riding his trusty Ellsworth hardtail.

After the ride we were all , and I got invited to a barbecue dinner while my wife was on her way to LA to watch a baseball game today. I must say I don't mind missing a drive to Phoenix to fly to LA to watch a fricking baseball game. Who even cares about watching a baseball game?

After the barbecue Ryan and Aere (Sp?) said they would be back with a bunch of their buddies to ride some more of the kinda OK trails Sedona has to offer. That was music to my ears. By the way we didn't see one other rider on the whole ride, but we did see a couple hikers while riding next to Oak Creek and one on Witch Doctor.

TD

nodejitsu
    Beautiful ride, i was expecting a tumble so I clicked and watched before reading past the link, I'd rather stay home and ride Sedona than drive, fly, baseball game any day!

trail "cleaner"

Nice!

good job TD! Probably not as cool as it was last weekend but I'm sure it was still a great day in the saddle. Hey, where are you crossing the creek at? It'll be nice to hit these trails starting from my moms house instead of driving all the way around to the VOC....
    No dabs allowed!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmtncycler
    good job TD! Probably not as cool as it was last weekend but I'm sure it was still a great day in the saddle. Hey, where are you crossing the creek at? It'll be nice to hit these trails starting from my moms house instead of driving all the way around to the VOC....
    We cross the creek at the end of Red Rock Crossing Road. There use to be a bridge there that took people to VOC. Bridge is gone but there is a crossing now in low water times.

TD

trail "cleaner"

awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    We cross the creek at the end of Red Rock Crossing Road. There use to be a bridge there that took people to VOC. Bridge is gone but there is a crossing now in low water times.

TD
    I'll have to give this loop a shot later on this month during my visit.
    No dabs allowed!

!@#$%&!
    Crescent Moon Park - Gay Sedona Cruising Areas
    Crescent Moon Park at Sedona .Rate and Review Crescent Moon Park on CruisingGays . ... Park in parking lot and hike upstream to power lines ...
    http://www.cruisinggays.com/Sedona/C...cent-Moon-Park - Cached
    Isn't Google fun! I was trying to find the Crescent Moon Parking Lot. LOL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zukicidal
    sodomy gulch is probably cross-referenced in there somewhere ?

mtbr member
    sweet video. gets me motivated to drive to arizona...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zukicidal
    Try this:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/rec...n-picnic.shtml

mtbr dismember

Nice video

Looks like you got that video editing down. Nice quality, I forget what camera you are using?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    Looks like you got that video editing down. Nice quality, I forget what camera you are using?
    Wolf:

I am using the GoPro HD and I really don't have much of a clue as to what I am doing. My frind LeeLau told me what to buy and what settings to use. I am running 720 at 30 frames per second. I have thought of uping the numbers to see if there would be better quality, but haven't tried any changes yet.

Hope all is well with you.

TD

mtbr dismember

Video

Upping the video settings probably won't do anything to improve the web quality, which is already great. But you might be able to improve it a bit by different/less compression. I also think Vimeo does a better job on HD. You might try that.

I'm on the AZ forum looking at possible places to retire. Sedona is way to rich for me, but the Prescott area looks quite affordable. I have about 12 more days until I can try biking again. My biking ability will greatly affect my retirement choices.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wherewolf
    Upping the video settings probably won't do anything to improve the web quality, which is already great. But you might be able to improve it a bit by different/less compression. I also think Vimeo does a better job on HD. You might try that.

I'm on the AZ forum looking at possible places to retire. Sedona is way to rich for me, but the Prescott area looks quite affordable. I have about 12 more days until I can try biking again. My biking ability will greatly affect my retirement choices.
    Lots of short sales in Sedona. Prices are still going DOWN.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc
    Wolf:

I am using the GoPro HD and I really don't have much of a clue as to what I am doing. My frind LeeLau told me what to buy and what settings to use. I am running 720 at 30 frames per second. I have thought of uping the numbers to see if there would be better quality, but haven't tried any changes yet.

Hope all is well with you.

TD
    The 60 fps mode seems to work pretty good, and you can always upload at full 1080 using vimeo (and maybe even youtube these days)

plus you can get some good stills at 60 fps

Bandolero

Concentration

Nice vid TD. It's got me thinking.

I'm in need of a *just focus on the trail* trip, or an escape of the dooldrums of Albuquerque. Sedona looks like a possible cure.

Are you (or any other local) going to be around the weekend of 18/19 September? Of course I'll be willing to barter home-brew for tourist-guide services. Dunklehefeweizen or Rio En Medio Ale on tap now.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    Nice vid TD. It's got me thinking.

I'm in need of a *just focus on the trail* trip, or an escape of the dooldrums of Albuquerque. Sedona looks like a possible cure.

Are you (or any other local) going to be around the weekend of 18/19 September? Of course I'll be willing to barter home-brew for tourist-guide services. Dunklehefeweizen or Rio En Medio Ale on tap now.
    nk:

I hope to be there and would be deeply upset if I wasn't able to ride with you. Keep me posted.

TD

1 bike to ride them all
    Hey TD,

I know you're a solo sort of dude but, I thought I might offer to assist with some new music for your next vid.

There's nuthin wrong with U2 but your vids are getting so good they derserve better.

Way to go dude.