parenting for gnarness

Another Cancer Jesus Thread to Kick Off Summer Argument Season

Read More: Justice Department files lawsuit against Lance Armstrong - Cycling - SI.com

"The government must prove not only that the Postal Service was defrauded, but that it was damaged somehow.

Previous studies done for the Postal Service concluded the agency reaped at least $139 million in worldwide brand exposure in four years - $35 million to $40 million for sponsoring the Armstrong team in 2001; $38 million to $42 million in 2002; $31 million in 2003; and $34.6 million in 2004."

I hope they lose, and Armstrong countersues. Salary and contract are between them and him, but the damaged argument is such a crock of shiite They all knew and all benefited. For cycling et al to hang him out like this and put on the 'who farrrted in church ' face is so hypocritical. They should all ban themselves.

going to make my popcorn...

Just A Mountain Biker.

Another Cancer Jesus Thread to Kick Off Summer Argument Season

Yeah, ridiculous. How much border fence could they put up with what the court case will cost when they lose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    26" isn't dead, it just got FAT

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    Read More: Justice Department files lawsuit against Lance Armstrong - Cycling - SI.com

"The government must prove not only that the Postal Service was defrauded, but that it was damaged somehow.

Previous studies done for the Postal Service concluded the agency reaped at least $139 million in worldwide brand exposure in four years - $35 million to $40 million for sponsoring the Armstrong team in 2001; $38 million to $42 million in 2002; $31 million in 2003; and $34.6 million in 2004."

I hope they lose, and Armstrong countersues. Salary and contract are between them and him, but the damaged argument is such a crock of shiite They all knew and all benefited. For cycling et al to hang him out like this and put on the 'who farrrted in church ' face is so hypocritical. They should all ban themselves.

going to make my popcorn...
    While he was doping and winning....they were getting their money's worth.

Doesn't the USPS lose millions a day just by being in business? Oh that's right...1.3 billions dollars from Oct-Dec 2012!!!

You read that right.....that's 14 MILLION DOLLARS A DAY!!
    Last edited by PhxChem; 04-23-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: None of you gal durn business!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post

Doesn't the USPS lose millions a day just by being in business? Oh that's right...1.3 billions dollars from Oct-Dec 2012!!!

That might be what they claim but I doubt it's even close to that. The misappropriation of funds coupled with inaccurate information about spending make me fear how the next 50 years are gonna unfold for this country. Sorry, not trying to sideline this thread

Lance should not have to repay anything, hell they should hire him as a mail carrier. He'd be a heck of a lot faster than our guy

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    Yeah, ridiculous. How much border fence could they put up with what the court case will cost when they lose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Your $40 million border fence defeated with ladders FTW.

(Heck, I think there should be adequate patrol/measures, it doesn't mean a fence in all cases, but sure means surveillance and a fence/obstacle in most places, but to say the money would be "better spent" is a stretch)
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by PhxChem View Post

Do some research on how the Postal Service is set up. From what I understand, everything they collect goes into a "general fund", and then since it's a general fund, they do not have access to it, they are only allowed to operate on a budget or funds that are allocated, so there's no real "bring in A revenue and use it to pay for B operating expenses". To this extent, it doesn't matter how much money they "bring in", it simply costs more to run than they are "given", which is a problem, but not necessarily the Post Office. I just got back from Oklahoma and I couldn't believe how slammed the offices were on Saturday, but I digress. Sure there's ways to save money and I'm sure that they will continue to get smaller with the prevalence of E-traffic and other electronic means, but the "losing money" thing may be way oversimplified and downright misleading.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Your $40 million border fence defeated with ladders FTW.

(Heck, I think there should be adequate patrol/measures, it doesn't mean a fence in all cases, but sure means surveillance and a fence/obstacle in most places, but to say the money would be "better spent" is a stretch)
    I think you took the bait.
    I think I'm not as good as I thought.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    at the falcon field post office,, there was a huge palo verde tree uprooted in the parking lot during that big jan (or feb) wind storm...
    they have chainsawed it in a few places for cars to drive around,, but it's still lying there.
    the postmaster said no cleanup stuff is authorized on a local level. so it still sits there a giant dry pile of tinder in the parking lot...
    public unions,, when you need federal approval for some dude to come out to unstop your toilet

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    If they win, do the prices of stamps drop?
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

Meatbomb
    What's a stamp? I can't remember the last time I used one. I'm pretty much pure ecomm.

Hence the reason for the Postal Service losing so much cashola.

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    What's a stamp? I can't remember the last time I used one. I'm pretty much pure ecomm
    then you're aware of the pending congressional vote this week for passing an internet sales tax.
    where online shops will be required to collect & remit sales tax (and be subject to audits) for ALL states, not just the one they reside in.
    a taxation-without-representation record-keeping nightmare for small businesses.

as a person who really has no political affiliation,, i am quickly developing a hatred for the current regime, of course this legislation proposed by Illinois' brainchild Dick Sukmai Durbin

Meatbomb
    I was referring to bill pay activity. What would I need a stamp for to buy something on line? Not sure i see the connection.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    then you're aware of the pending congressional vote this week for passing an internet sales tax.
    where online shops will be required to collect & remit sales tax (and be subject to audits) for ALL states, not just the one they reside in.
    a taxation-without-representation record-keeping nightmare for small businesses.

as a person who really has no political affiliation,, i am quickly developing a hatred for the current regime, of course this legislation proposed by Illinois' brainchild Dick Sukmai Durbin

Mike, 'no taxation without representation' is a bs comment. You have representation in your state, you choose to deal in all states, and you are represented federally under interstate commerce law.

That all said, this bill was put together by national retailers. Initially it was intended to compete with Amazon-size e-retailers, but now its being used to squeeze out small biz. As Mike points out, the burden of implementation on small biz (50 tax returns) is ridiculous. There is an argument that it levels the playing field for all business, but imo it squeezes out small biz, and that is a bad public policy item since our wealth of choices are best supported by niche business.

Here is a letter you may have seen on Ebay. I happen to work for an Ebay subsidiary, but I agree wit this anyway.

------

For more than 15 years, our company has persistently fought efforts in Congress to unfairly expand Internet sales taxes to small businesses. Today, small businesses that rely on eBay, PayPal and other online channels to grow and serve consumers nationwide are facing one of the biggest legislative threats weíve seen. A bill currently in Congress, the Marketplace Fairness Act, would impose unfair tax burdens on small businesses, treating them the same as large national retailers who have the resources and capabilities to collect sales tax nationwide.

We are aggressively lobbying members of Congress to vote against the Marketplace Fairness Act and any Internet sales tax legislation that does not contain a robust exemption for small businesses. We also are educating our buyers and sellers and giving them easy ways to make their voices heard in Congress. We want to give you the same opportunity to make your voice heard and advocate on behalf of the consumer sellers, entrepreneurs and small businesses that we work so hard to support every day.

The solution is simple: online businesses with less than 50 employees or less than $10 million annually in out-of-state sales should be exempt from any Internet sales tax legislation. This is a reasonable and fair exemption that supports small online businesses, protects the jobs they create, and benefits consumers by ensuring healthy competition. So far, however, certain lawmakers and big national retailers, including Amazon, who support the Marketplace Fairness Act have refused to consider a reasonable and robust exemption for small businesses.

Itís your decision whether to get involved or not. If you want to help, participation is easy. Just go to our eBay Inc. Main Street site, provide the requested home address information, and a letter will be sent to your Members of Congress on your behalf.

Supporting small businesses is core to who we are as a company. And as you know from our Shared Purpose, we believe strongly that commerce can and should create more opportunity for everyone. Thatís why this proposed legislation is so wrong-headed. Our voice can make a difference. I hope youíll join me in encouraging members of Congress to help small businesses, not put them out of busines

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post

If you have gross sales of 500,000 or less(was suppose to be 1 million)you don't have to collect the tax.

mtbr member
    Totally agree with you chollaball. Lance has done more for USA Cycling than any other modern-day athlete and the underlying implication is that no one else doped. Bullsh**. He was just better and the exposure USPS received was incalculable.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local chapter. It's trail karma.