Happy Trails

All Mtn / Enduro Lids?

Had a recent OTB on the trail that ended up as a friendly reminder to pay less attention to Strava and keep my day job.... But did get me thinking about more helmet coverage. I'm not going full-face, but I wonder if anyone around here is using something like the Bell Super; POC Trabec MIPS; or Troy Lee A1?

Yes, understand helmets are personal preference in fit and feel, but if you are riding one of these or similar, what do you think? Hotter? Safer? Heavier?

SCRUBDUNKER
    I have a Trabec. I like it for mounting lights (flat top).

I use my Prevail when I ride during the day though.

Always in the wrong gear
    I have the Urge Enduro-matic. I like it, but could use a little more ventilation in the summer. I have a small head also, which prevented me from getting a POC Trabec.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Same as above, Urge Endur-o-matic. Good protection, little hot, but fits my head better than anything else I tried.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I wear a TLD A1. By far the best mtn bike helmet i have ever had, fits well, comes down far in the back for more coverage

I am Walt

All Mtn / Enduro Lids?

Check out the Kali all-mountain/enduro helmets...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Ride more; post less...

Always in the wrong gear
    Quote Originally Posted by JM27 View Post
    I wear a TLD A1. By far the best mtn bike helmet i have ever had, fits well, comes down far in the back for more coverage
    Not sure if you have tried other lids in the past, but how does the TLD A1 fit compared to other brands (larger head vs. smaller head). I wouldn't mind getting another lid.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott In MD View Post
    Had a recent OTB on the trail that ended up as a friendly reminder to pay less attention to Strava and keep my day job.... But did get me thinking about more helmet coverage. I'm not going full-face, but I wonder if anyone around here is using something like the Bell Super; POC Trabec MIPS; or Troy Lee A1?

Yes, understand helmets are personal preference in fit and feel, but if you are riding one of these or similar, what do you think? Hotter? Safer? Heavier?
    my next one will be styled like the Bell Super. Supposed to have great airflow. I have not ridden Bell in a long time, might be a different brand but definitely that style. I have heard its supposed to be plenty cool. Its styled like the Giro Zen, which people said had good airflow.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I just picked up the Fox Flux. I was looking at that and a Specialized, but the vents on the fox were just much bigger, like the entire helmet is "gulping for air" while standing still. We'll see hot it works, it seems to fit fine. I had an "enduro" one back in the day from bell I think, it was before they figured out that vents are good, but some of the current ones still lack great vents, something I came to appreciate in hot climates.Name:  20021255_2.png
Views: 169
Size:  123.4 KB
    Last edited by Jayem; 06-08-2013 at 09:25 PM.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Pivotal figure
    Rage had a TON of the Bell Super helmets last time I was in there. It's like the Mini DH of helmets, lots of coverage but not quite as burly as a full face. It fit nice but I wasn't sure that I'd want to wear it on a long ride. Would be a great option for DH runs when it's scorching hot or if you just don't feel like running a full face...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member

All Mtn / Enduro Lids?

I like my urge enduro matic
    Giant Team Bike & Bean-Marin Co., CA

https://www.facebook.com/GiantBikeandBean

Now, THAT'S gonna hurt!
    I just received my new Bell Super. I tried a bunch of similar styled helmets, Fox, Spec, Giro, and TLD. The TLD and the new Bell have a very similar head shape and out of all I tried, both fit well and comfortably. What I preferred on the Bell was it comes in Sm, Md, Lg (I'm a Med) where the TLD mixes the Md/Lg size in the same shell and that affected feel and good fit for me so I went with the new Bell. I like the price tag on the Bell better as well as color choices along with the GoPro mount, too. I've only got a few rides on it so far but I'm liking every bit of what I have experienced so far.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Coondog#77 View Post
    Not sure if you have tried other lids in the past, but how does the TLD A1 fit compared to other brands (larger head vs. smaller head). I wouldn't mind getting another lid.
    I wear a large and it fits great, my only complaint with it is that it has alot of padding and it tends to hold your sweat like a sponge so when you are coming into good downhill or a good hit the g-force squeezes the pads on top like a sponge with your sweat running into your eyes. A sweat band cured it but just an FYI