Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    DFL>DNF>DNS

New question here. AES: Picketpost Results posted!!

We're coming up on two weeks until this event. There seems to be a good deal of interest in this one, so which route are you doing? I'll be lining up for the Pulverizer (81) at 5am to see if I can make it through.

I'm still on the fence re: camping out, probably leaning that way, but I only live 45 mins from the trailhead. Hmmm.

Depending on my finishing time, I may be camping out after the race!!

Speaking of after the race, don't forget your camping chairs, food, beverages of choice. Hang out, stay a while and root on the other finishers.

I'll have a sign-in sheet for both routes, please sign in, then put down your finishing time when complete. Hopefully not too many DNF's!!

Don't forget there will be a roughly 2 mile neutral rollout on singletrack heading north out of the parking lot to an open area where the riders will re-group. Timer will start there, so take note. **There are rancher gates along the route, if you can't see a rider behind you, please close the gate**

Good luck out there, ride strong, be safe & have fun!!
    Last edited by freeskier46; 11-05-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freeskier46 View Post
    We're coming up on two weeks until this event. There seems to be a good deal of interest in this one, so which route are you doing? I'll be lining up for the Pulverizer (81) at 5am to see if I can make it through.

I'm still on the fence re: camping out, probably leaning that way, but I only live 45 mins from the trailhead. Hmmm.

Depending on my finishing time, I may be camping out after the race!!

Speaking of after the race, don't forget your camping chairs, food, beverages of choice. Hang out, stay a while and root on the other finishers.

I'll have a sign-in sheet for both routes, please sign in, then put down your finishing time when complete. Hopefully not too many DNF's!!

Don't forget there will be a roughly 2 mile neutral rollout on singletrack heading north out of the parking lot to an open area where the riders will re-group. Timer will start there, so take note. **There are rancher gates along the route, if you can't see a rider behind you, please close the gate**

Good luck out there, ride strong, be safe & have fun!!
    In for (and dreading some of) the 81. Doubt I'm hanging out after, after that long of a day I'll probably be on the Hemmele stagger-to-your-vehicle-and-pass-out recovery system.

How much further ???
    I'm in for the 50. I plan to stay for some post ride fun. Beer for sure and not sure if my family is going to come (wife said she is going to make a crock pot meal if she does) or if I bring a small grill. If I bring the grill I will let everyone know and you all can feel free to use it. Looking forward to the ride and getting Punished.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

Addicted to 2 wheels
    I am in for the Punisher. It has been fun training for the longer distances. Big thanks to everyone that has created the series and makes this happen.

Definetely in for a few beers and what not after the race.

How much further ???
    Couldn't agree more. I've learned so much about myself, nutrition, logistics etc etc its been a lot of fun. I hope it can all come together. Its also been a good excuse for getting some bike stuff. This is my maintenance week, new shifter cables, brake pads, fork oil change etc. Should be good to go come race day.

And a big thanks to everyone for putting up with all my questions especially John. Whether you know it or not you have been a mentor for me throughout out this process, so Thanks again.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member

Re: AES: Picketpost Rollcall!! 50 or 81?? Who's IN?

I'm on board for the 50. Probably stay a bit after too.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but I'm doing the 50.
    After doing that recon ride it is clear that I'm not where I need to be in order to survive the 81. Committing to 18 or more hours takes a certain mindset that I just don't have this early in the season.

Much respect to those who even attempt it.

mtbr member
    I'm in for the 50! I may stay a little after depending on my finish time. It looks like I only have 2 weeks to train though... GAAAAH!!!

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Arturo, it looks like you're off the hook for hosting duties since Jeff will be there!!!

Jeff, I thought we were going to be back of the bus partners for this one!! Thanks a lot, that almost guarantees a DFL finish for me. I can't keep up with Steve unless I sabotage his bike or swap out a burrito I've had on my counter for a couple of days.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

yeah, sorry about that. I'm just not mentally ready for an 18+ hour bus ride. And you know that the mental part is huge in something like this.

My other ride is your mom
    I may crash the 50, I may have bikepack bags on, I may have party favors...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    In for the 50. You guys are scaring me with the packing gear talk. Are we talking a longer ride on this than the prescott monstercross?

mtbr member
    In for the 50. I'm very much itchin' to see the river, but a 2-day bikepacking trip just feels like a more appropriate way to accomplish that.

Ahhh the pain....
    Stagger Mr. G? I was staggering with "style"! Yeah! This one will hurt but hopefully the final downhill will mean no staggering; just coasting!
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

Lakvoodoo
    I'm in...status of knee rehab will determine the distance. I will try my darndest to come in within 10 hours of Raybum.
    Get Outside!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    Stagger Mr. G? I was staggering with "style"! Yeah! This one will hurt but hopefully the final downhill will mean no staggering; just coasting!
    seeing as how there's at least one picture of you on the interwebs with a popped collar, maybe I meant swagger? I'm patiently awaiting MC Hemmele's cell phone shot music video "(I got that) SS Swagger"

I am Bob
    Not me, although I had hoped to make it. between weddings and kid stuff my weekends are filled up. I hope to ride the route solo some time this winter. Looking forward to hearing your reports!

Ahhh the pain....
    Quote Originally Posted by stevland View Post
    seeing as how there's at least one picture of you on the interwebs with a popped collar, maybe I meant swagger? I'm patiently awaiting MC Hemmele's cell phone shot music video "(I got that) SS Swagger"
    I'm considering rolling the 81 with a popped collar and maybe a velvet robe.
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.

Got a suspension fork
    In for da fity.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

Lakvoodoo

Cool-blue Rhythm

Count me out. Knee says no effing way.
    But... hope you guys have tons of good ol sufferin' fun. (And Raybum...don't let the catclaw catch on your robe!
    Get Outside!

AES Stickers

If you do come out, bring a buck and get, not one, but two AES stickers. Be the coolest kid on your block

AES: Picketpost Rollcall!! 50 or 81?? Who's IN?-img_0385.jpg

If you can't make it to the race, you can always send a SASE to:
    Chad Brown
    15185 N Triple Crown Pl
    Tucson, AZ 85739

More info here:
    azenduranceseries

mtbr member
    When strategically used they can completely replace your patch kit, eliminate cable rub, or cover unsightly holes in your clothing caused by catclaw. Wowie zowie!

Ahhh the pain....
    Im gonna use them to keep my collar from popping.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    Im gonna use them to keep my collar from popping.
    I'm going to use them as brake pads.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Happy Trails
    Trying not to newb-out too hard, but can someone talk about water on the 50? Map looks like the track crosses the highway so maybe it's a figure 8? Or not? Is there Any way to resupply and water-up mid-race on the 50 is the whole race on one pack?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast