DFL>DNF>DNS

AES Kaibab MX 130/200 Rollcall

Who's in for this? 130 or 200? I'm going to do the 130 slightly modified as a 2-day bikepack instead, but hopefully I'll see a few other racers near the start.

This will be my first ride on the Kaibab, so I really want to enjoy the scenery & not ride at night. Perhaps next year I'll attempt the single day push. If anyone else is interested in a similar slower pace shoot me a PM, I wouldn't mind some company.

I'm also considering altering the course a bit, sticking with more AZT. Maybe make the spur trip to the top of the North Kaibab Trail & Lodge inside the park. Skip the east side drop off the rim & subsequent climb to get back near the end of the loop.

Anyone?
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

My other ride is your mom
    What days are you considering....I might join you....sounds like you intend on doing the loop as Chad showed me a few summers back.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    I was going to head up Friday after work, hitting the road around 3pm-ish from 48th/Baseline area. Ride Sat/Sun, camp out Sun night and return on Monday (no real timetable for Mon, but not too late b/c of traffic on I-17).
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ahhh the pain....
    Looks like Mark, Josiah and myself are gonna do a modified version of the 200 over two days. Plan is to camp at the north rim on sat night.
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Ray, do you know where you guys are planning on camping Sat? I'm guessing I'll be on the Rainbow Rim trail somewhere, if you all are nearby it would be cool to meet up out there.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    Hey John, I'll be in Flagstaff Saturday through Monday. If you need something to do Monday or your plans change give me a shout.

Carnivore
    I'm in for something. I just got my bike set up today and need to do a couple of shakedown runs this week to be sure.

AES Kaibab MX 130/200 Rollcall-kmpack1.jpg

Ahhh the pain....
    GM, good looking rig. Looks pretty solid to me. How will you carry water?
    John, I think we're planning to stay at the north rim Sat night.
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

Carnivore
    I have a bladder and bottle in the frame bag and will probably carry a Camelback as well as another bottle mount on the bottom of the downtube. I still have to figure out how to pack everything.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Chris, that's looking real good. This will be a great ride to break it in officially.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Carnivore
    Got the bike all set up and loaded and did a quick 30 mile ride from the house on dirt roads and a little ST. I'm amazed at how well everything worked. Except my suspension fork. It is a RockShox Recon Silver TK. With the load on there and a kind of fat tire in front there was so much fork flex that the tire would sometimes rub on the fork when I pedaled standing up. I swapped it out for the rigid Karate Monkey fork.

John, I received your gpx files. Are you planning to do the 145 mi. route you sent? Still in two days? Where do you plan to camp? I'll be heading up Friday late morning.

Tucson, AZ
    I am leaving Tucson at 8pm tonight and driving straight through to hopefully get there on time. I will be doing a modified version of the 200 (southern loop)