Thread: Adventure?

parenting for gnarness

Adventure?

I've been seeing tons of support for Landis, Cactus, Rage and others on this forum, but little mention of Adventure.

Just wondering what opinions are of the shop? Personally, I've been happy with the shop and am pretty loyal, but always open to different options.

We de MAMMY NUNS!
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    I've been seeing tons of support for Landis, Cactus, Rage and others on this forum, but little mention of Adventure.

Just wondering what opinions are of the shop? Personally, I've been happy with the shop and am pretty loyal, but always open to different options.
    When they were at Alma School and Southern, I shopped in there a bit. They always seemed to be ignoring me unless I went to the counter and asked for help. I sometimes felt like I wasn't good enough to be shopping there. That's why I always go to Landis. I always ask a question about some product or technology while I'm picking up some tubes and stuff and they are always happy to "talk shop" with me. Plus they greet you as soon as you walk in and ask if I need help. In short, Adventure never provided me with good customer service. Well that's not entirely true. When Bruce was there, the dude with red hair, he was always friendly and helpful. But he hasn't been there in a long time -- unless he's back. So, in re-short, the only time I had a decent shopping experience was when Bruce was there. After that, they sucked.
    I've nothing to add....

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Bruce lives in Tucson now and works at Fairwheels Bike Shop. That's why you haven't seen him there.

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya_Hozna
    When they were at Alma School and Southern, I shopped in there a bit. They always seemed to be ignoring me unless I went to the counter and asked for help. I sometimes felt like I wasn't good enough to be shopping there. That's why I always go to Landis. I always ask a question about some product or technology while I'm picking up some tubes and stuff and they are always happy to "talk shop" with me. Plus they greet you as soon as you walk in and ask if I need help. In short, Adventure never provided me with good customer service. Well that's not entirely true. When Bruce was there, the dude with red hair, he was always friendly and helpful. But he hasn't been there in a long time -- unless he's back. So, in re-short, the only time I had a decent shopping experience was when Bruce was there. After that, they sucked.
    I've had the opposite. Landis (the one in Scottsdale) is the "coldest" bike shop I know. You can feel the elitism in the air. Adventure has always been warm and friendly.
    I AM JUST A JERK

We de MAMMY NUNS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    I've had the opposite. Landis (the one in Scottsdale) is the "coldest" bike shop I know. You can feel the elitism in the air. Adventure has always been warm and friendly.
    Sorry, I should've clarified. Landis in Tempe at Southern and Price.
    I've nothing to add....

Newbie...yeah that's it
    I've always had great experiences at Adventure.

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    yeap, back in the Pete/Bruce days, adventure was great... haven't been to adventure since pete left and bought rage.

NardoSS
    Adventure Bike is one of the best shops in the valley. Back when they were on Southern and Alma they even had a sofa so people could just swing by and hang in the back. If you could work on your own bike Bill would let you use the tools (as long as you put them back). I really liked it when Bruce, Chad, and Matt worked there.

Anyway, the show is now in Gilbert. Bill gutted out a Chillies or some restaurant and kept the theme with the bar and kitchen. It's one of the most unique stores in the valley and I've always received great customer service from Adventure. Bill always went out of his way to help me out when I was in college but needed bike stuff to race.

I usually hate most people and most stores, but I can't praise Bill (owner) at Adventure enough.