I think I need to Upgrade

650B anyone?????

Is there anyone here running a 650B set up? How do you like it with our local trails and conditions?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    Is there anyone here running a 650B set up? How do you like it with our local trails and conditions?
    Been using 650b front and rear on a Haro Xeon and a Cannondale Rush. I've been riding 29ers hardtails the last four years and I like the 650B on the 26in. full sus frame.
    Ride mostly Casa Grande Mountain. Normal XC trails rocky with lots of marbles. Basic is that it works for me. I tried a few 29er full sus and just wasn't comfortable on them. I'm not a racer or a tech rider but will say if your asking it's worth a try.
    If you want to try to fit let me know.

My other ride is your mom
    I'm curious to see what tires you are running on your 650 and how they respond to conditions out here.

workin' it Administrator
    I have to say that the neo-moto is a replica of the IRC trailbear/freedomcross and I love those tires in the 26" version and would kill for them in a 29er version. They are knobby, grippy and tough (in the 26" version).
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Neo's and Quasi's

Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    I'm curious to see what tires you are running on your 650 and how they respond to conditions out here.
    Neo Moto front and rear on one bike. Neo Front, Quasi Moto rear on the other.
    Neo's are about the same as a Panaracer Rampage. I haven't cut one yet but I try to avoid the sharp stuff. Quasi is a lighter tire may be easier to cut.
    The Neo's have great traction. Quasi's have small knobs and you can feel the differance on loose gravel.
    For what it's worth I'm picking up a IRD Fire Pro XC 650B today.

Shovel Ready
    Chad at Red Barn did a short review on the Ventana El Bastardo. I personally would love to try this bike on some local trails.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgcharlie
    Neo Moto front and rear on one bike. Neo Front, Quasi Moto rear on the other.
    Neo's are about the same as a Panaracer Rampage. I haven't cut one yet but I try to avoid the sharp stuff. Quasi is a lighter tire may be easier to cut.
    The Neo's have great traction. Quasi's have small knobs and you can feel the differance on loose gravel.
    For what it's worth I'm picking up a IRD Fire Pro XC 650B today.
    Hey CG, I gotta get down to the Casa Grand trail soon.

Where are you buying your tires?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by u2metoo
    Hey CG, I gotta get down to the Casa Grand trail soon.

Where are you buying your tires?
    There's about 2 new miles of trail It all blends back into the original so it's easy to follow.

I went internet for the Pacenti's. A friend got the Fire Pro in California and hes getting here tonite.
    The one thing that I didn't like about the Cannondale was pedal strikes. With 650B they are gone!