mtbr member
    Dec 2006

24IOP... Need some mojo

As of this morning we have entered the 10 day weather forecast window. According to Weather.com there is a 40% chance on Wed, 30% on Thursday, 40% on Friday decreasing to 30% on Saturday. I don't think itís too early to start working on risk reduction. In fact Iím calling on everyone to go above and beyond to reduce the chance of rain. Here are a few ideas about how you can help. With the notable exception of 2005 these have worked in the past. Please add more. Every little bit helps.

1. Hang your rain gear (if you have it) on the door so you canít forget it
    2. Practice riding in the rain on Sunday
    3. Spend hours going though all the seals on all your equipment. Bike, lights, batteries, camping etc.
    4. Put on new brake pads
    5. Buy ceramic coated rims if you are still on V brakes
    6. Do NOT wash your bike, car or camper
    7. Put a can of Pam in your gear (to spray on you and your bike to facilitate mud release)

Perhaps the best of allÖ

Go out and buy rain gear, a sealed bearing whatevers, camping gear, a portable bike washer, etc. (This one is especially good right now because REIs Super Clearance sale starts next Friday so if you are going down before that you have to buy it now at the higher price)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rideandshoot
    As of this morning we have entered the 10 day weather forecast window. According to Weather.com there is a 40% chance on Wed, 30% on Thursday, 40% on Friday decreasing to 30% on Saturday. I don't think itís too early to start working on risk reduction. In fact Iím calling on everyone to go above and beyond to reduce the chance of rain. Here are a few ideas about how you can help. With the notable exception of 2005 these have worked in the past. Please add more. Every little bit helps.

1. Hang your rain gear (if you have it) on the door so you canít forget it
    2. Practice riding in the rain on Sunday
    3. Spend hours going though all the seals on all your equipment. Bike, lights, batteries, camping etc.
    4. Put on new brake pads
    5. Buy ceramic coated rims if you are still on V brakes
    6. Do NOT wash your bike, car or camper
    7. Put a can of Pam in your gear (to spray on you and your bike to facilitate mud release)

Perhaps the best of allÖ

Go out and buy rain gear, a sealed bearing whatevers, camping gear, a portable bike washer, etc. (This one is especially good right now because REIs Super Clearance sale starts next Friday so if you are going down before that you have to buy it now at the higher price)
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paul and/or 666, please delete this post, and ban this MFer until Feb. 15th.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    I'll leave the fenders on my commuter next week. That will appease the rain gods for sure.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paul and/or 666, please delete this post, and ban this MFer until Feb. 15th.
    Thats the nicest thing anyone ever said to me

I'm taking action. Since I know its going to rain I'm going to order a new chain, cassette and suspension bearings now so I have them to install when I get back. That ought to help.

Latest from the weather channel, remember denial is dangerous

Wed 20%
    Thurs 30%
    Fri 40%
    Sat 40%

Come on... everyone has to be on board here.

"Yabut"
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Make him stop!!!!
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

I think I need to Upgrade
    Exactly one week from today I am going to wash, wax and detail every nook and cranny of my car as well as each and every car in our driveway!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AzSpeedfreek
    Exactly one week from today I am going to wash, wax and detail every nook and cranny of my car as well as each and every car in our driveway!!!
    Youíre malice toward the 24IOP will not overcome the efforts of the good hearted among us. (good always triumphs over evil in the end)

At this point Iím giving the credit to Skinnytire and his promise (in the other 24IOP thread) to bring Ďan inflatable boat and cross country skis'. However given the fact that the weather prediction changes about as often as I pee its still important that everyone keep preparing for the worst.

Latest from the weather.com for Oracle.

Thurs 10%
    Friday 10%
    Saturday 0%
    Sunday 0%

I think I need to Upgrade
    Youíre malice toward the 24IOP will not overcome the efforts of the good hearted among us. (good always triumphs over evil in the end)

At this point Iím giving the credit to Skinnytire and his promise (in the other 24IOP thread) to bring Ďan inflatable boat and cross country skis'. However given the fact that the weather prediction changes about as often as I pee its still important that everyone keep preparing for the worst.

Thurs 10%
    Friday 10%
    Saturday 0%
    Sunday 0%
    Oh and I am also going to plan a BBQ for the afternoon because after I am done detailing the cars I am going to start painting the house!!

mtbr member

Thurs 10%
    Friday 10%
    Saturday 0%
    Sunday 0%
    This got to be the biggest piece of BS I have ever seen posted on MTBR... You have now ruined the race with a 100% chance of rain, and snow. I now have an entire day of building bikes, accumulating raingear, finding a snorkel and some flippers for the mudfest.

Thanks man... you can stop by my underwater observatory/camp and have a beer on me about 20:00 in the morning

Members who have read this thread: 0