Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    banned

2012 Nod Fest is On in Sedona

Today 15 riders got together today to kickoff the 2012 Nodfest. The first ride today was on the very scenic Lime Kiln trail.

Getting to Lime Kiln we started at the Red Rock HS and rode to the Red Rock Loop (RRL) trail to the old school techy rocky Stay High trail where we again hit RRL to the S trail to Lower Red Rock Loop road to Lime Kiln to numerous jeep roads and unmarked single track sections until hitting the Thumper trail to the highballer downhill Upper Raptor trail.

There were great views along the way and numerous pot breaks for the drug addicts in the group. Several sections were very sandy and you had to get off your bike to get through those miserable sections. It would be a great ride for a Fat Tire Bike.

I think the weather was perfect for this ride, and it was Johnny's birthday, he turned 47 today and picked the ride.

What a country
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Nod Fest is On in Sedona-rock-jail-w-sign.jpg  

2012 Nod Fest is On in Sedona-lime-kiln-12-12.jpg  

2012 Nod Fest is On in Sedona-lime-kiln-12-12-.jpg  

Last edited by traildoc; 12-13-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Give it a crank
    Looks like another good ride, nice!

Lime Kiln trails have been on my to-do list for too long, I gotta get up there.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider View Post
    Looks like another good ride, nice!

Lime Kiln trails have been on my to-do list for too long, I gotta get up there.
    It would be a much better ride after a couple days after a big rain event.

Dirt Bike Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    There were great views along the way and numerous pot breaks for the drug addicts in the group.
    What a country
    I think it's referred to as "medication" now. I support safety meetings 100%. Never know what you may encounter.
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FMX_DBC View Post
    I think it's referred to as "medication" now. I support safety meetings 100%. Never know what you may encounter.
    POT...what a great way to make the trail....seem easier.

Meatbomb
    You sure the people in the group are cool with you posting their pic in a thread where you admit to illegal drug usage?

mtbr member
    I've always wondered about Lime Kiln. So, point to point with a shuttle? Thumper is pretty fun. Must be pretty cool watching Munds get bigger and bigger knowing your exiting the Colorado Plateau and trading the the nice sandstones rocks of the paleozoic for the dirt lacking limestones of the Verde Valley.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    You sure the people in the group are cool with you posting their pic in a thread where you admit to illegal drug usage?
    P:

I don't care what the dopes in the picture think? Sooner or later they will find out smoking pot is stupid.

TD

mtbr member
    P:

I don't care what the dopes in the picture think? Sooner or later they will find out smoking pot is stupid.

TD
    You've been in rare form lately TD. If I didn't know any better, I'd say somebody pissed in your Cheerios...or Metamucil.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Meatbomb
    I'll not stoop to the beer - vs- pot discussion but the legality issue is something you should care about.

You basically posted a picture and said hey, these people are drug addicts. Does that sound like a good idea to you?

I'll await the answer to my question.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    P:

TD
    Who are we or you to judge? Live and let live.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    never mind

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    There may be one person in that pic who is not a druggie; maybe!
    Give it a break; or join the ride.
    Oh, I'm now advised that the suspect hails from Washington State!
    TS

banned
    I'll not stoop to the beer - vs- pot discussion but the legality issue is something you should care about.

You basically posted a picture and said hey, these people are drug addicts. Does that sound like a good idea to you?

Phillbo:

Last I heard hearsay isn't admissible in court. All these people are my friends and if they are dopes for smoking dope then so be it. I will bet you none of them are going to jail for smoking a joint. I think Mike O'Neal has bigger fish to fry than a few folks on this ride. It is 2012 not 1964. If you haven't heard, pot in small amounts is no big deal.

The big deal is doing a small trail improvement on a system trail like Tea Cup.

TD

banned

Phillbo:

In case you don't know what year it is it is 2012 not 1964. Last I heard hearsay is not admissible in court. the people in the picture are my friends if some of them are dopes for smoking a joint that's their problem, got it?

I think Ranger O'Neil has got bigger fish to fry than following this motly crew to Cottonwood trying to catch someone smoking a joint, what is your problem dude?

TD

Give it a crank
    So it's not 2102 as in the thread title?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider View Post
    So it's not 2102 as in the thread title?

Thanks MR

mtbr member
    Phillbo:

Last I heard hearsay isn't admissible in court. All these people are my friends and if they are dopes for smoking dope then so be it. I will bet you none of them are going to jail for smoking a joint. I think Mike O'Neal has bigger fish to fry than a few folks on this ride. It is 2012 not 1964. If you haven't heard, pot in small amounts is no big deal.

TD
    I know for a fact that a few of the people on here are cops in the Verde Valley. No, they can't cite people for your hearsay on the internet, but it wont help out your "friends" either. In many states, small amounts are the equivalent to having a bottle of motrin, but Arizona is not one of those states. A small amount on you will get you a possession charge- unless you're driving at which point they could take your blood and give you a DUI if there's any THC in your system. Of course, this is a worst case scenario but you should remember that you live in a small town with more police per capita than Los Angeles.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    There are bound to be at least a few in the photo who are guilty only by association. I agree no law is going to convict anyone but I wouldn't want to be in that picture and seeking employment.

Meatbomb
    Phillbo:

TD

Phillbo:

In case you don't know what year it is it is 2012 not 1964. Last I heard hearsay is not admissible in court. the people in the picture are my friends if some of them are dopes for smoking a joint that's their problem, got it?

I think Ranger O'Neil has got bigger fish to fry than following this motly crew to Cottonwood trying to catch someone smoking a joint, what is your problem dude?

TD

mtbr member
    Much a doopoopoo over nothing. Perhaps more veiled wording would have been multiple safety breaks were the order of the day Employment opportunities? Most of these folks are retired. How else can they kill a day in the middle of the week while the rest of us taxpayers are footing the bill

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Much a doopoopoo over nothing. Perhaps more veiled wording would have been multiple safety breaks were the order of the day Employment opportunities? Most of these folks are retired. How else can they kill a day in the middle of the week while the rest of us taxpayers are footing the bill
    Rockman I would say you nailed it. LEO O' Neil told me he has done undercover rides with this motley crew to try to find their Secert trails, he even couldn't arrest the offenders, what would be the point? He realizes putting dopes in jail is a waste of taxpayer dollars.

mtbr member
    Is this an invitation only event?
    There is a big difference between ripping and skidding.

Shift less, Pedal more.
    Now I understand why people don't like FailDoc.
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalkpaw View Post
    Is this an invitation only event?
    CP:

Yes, this years event has been by invitation only. The leader of the group had opened the event up to the public in years past, but this year he chose to have it by invitation. There will be other rides this weekend and attendees will be able to get a sneak peek of our leaders new book about the History of Sedona Mountain Biking. The book has been dedicated to the NOD and Max the last shop dog at the famous Mountain Bike Heaven bike shop.

CP if you would like to join us on the weekend ride let me know and I am sure I can get you an invite. Your contributions to the Sedona mountain bike scene are legendary, without your efforts I would still be working on the Aerie trail, and the FS Adopt'a'Trail maintenance program would still be on the drawing board.

Thanks again for all your help, it is a rarity to have a Falgster come down and work so hard to make Sedona a World Class Mountain Bike Destination

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast