mtbr member
    Apr 2006

2.35 Rampage or Nevegal UST

I know I should have posted this in the Wheels and Tires forum but I prefer local opinions. I need a new set of tires for my Reign. I am leaning towards the Rampage non UST over the Nevegals UST. They will be mounted on Mavic Crossmax Tubeless wheels. Both tires cost them same and are in my price range.

I had really good performance when I lived in So Cal when I ran Panaracer Fire XC 2.1UST. Never had a issues getting beads to set or leaking air. I just ran some cheap Slime in them and was good to go. Panaracer doesn't make the Rampage in 2.35 in a UST. I would go with the Nevegal UST except for the sealant warranty/side wall issue. BTW how does Kenda expect you to stop leaks is you can't use a sealant?

Im trying to avoid the tubeless nightmare I am currently having with my Niner.

Pivotal figure
    I've been using Kenda's non-tubeless tires for years with no problems. They do have their new "SCT" thingy which says it's a modification of their tires to make them compatible with sealants. I just looked on the site and it looks like the No Sealant warning is gone now...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Ahhh the pain....
    Rampage 2.35 for a front tire on 29r is a great choice. Seals up great. I've been running them for over a year and 3500 miles...great tire choice. If you buy them from a LBS and care about weight, put them on a scale before buying...there is some fair variation in weight. THey are tending to run lighter than advertised weight.
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    I've been using Kenda's non-tubeless tires for years with no problems. They do have their new "SCT" thingy which says it's a modification of their tires to make them compatible with sealants. I just looked on the site and it looks like the No Sealant warning is gone now...
    +2 , No problem here with the non-tubless Kenda tires, I just really love the stick-E compound for the way I ride in the AZ dirt and rock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Kendas all the way. Love them for phx area trails

mtbr member
    I've had great luck with the Rampage tires.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Ok. Thanks guys. Sounds like either one will work.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Good job!

I use the Kenda's as well, but with tubes.

It's a Sledgehammer.
    Sep 2005
    I use the kinda 2.35 UST nevegal.. It's a flawless tire! But it has one big flaw.. it is heavy and slow. But unless you are racing who cares!? No flats, excellent traction, and a great overall stout feel. They last for months with 4 rides a week. I have always used them with stans. They will blister as a result after about 1 year of use. The tire should be worn out by then anyway.