livin' the dream......

12 Hours of Fury @ McDowell - Who's done it?

So, I am planning on doing a race between now and the end of the year. TOWM does not work, and I've done Cave Creek & Dawn 2 Dusk several times and this race has been on my ' to do' list for a while. Even though lapping the outer loop for up to 12 hours seems to border on madness, I am compelled to try it. I like the start time / end time, 10a to 10p, the mood sounds festive with a bon fire and beers and it is near by. I am looking for feedback from those who have done this in the past, is the event fun and well run? I plan on a solo mission and hope for 10 laps. Thanks for the feedback !!

Quote Originally Posted by tjkm View Post
    So, I am planning on doing a race between now and the end of the year. TOWM does not work, and I've done Cave Creek & Dawn 2 Dusk several times and this race has been on my ' to do' list for a while. Even though lapping the outer loop for up to 12 hours seems to border on madness, I am compelled to try it. I like the start time / end time, 10a to 10p, the mood sounds festive with a bon fire and beers and it is near by. I am looking for feedback from those who have done this in the past, is the event fun and well run? I plan on a solo mission and hope for 10 laps. Thanks for the feedback !!
    Wife and I did it about 5 years ago as a duo. It was very well run. You will get really sick of that loop after that many laps.

livin' the dream......
    Thanks for the info. The price goes up Wednesday night, so I need to make a decision or pay another $25!!