mtbr member

Zoic....very impressed

my old shop started carrying Zoic this year. Really digging their stuff. The Either shorts are the best baggies I've ever owned and got 2 Armada jerseys, nice relaxed fit with good quality construction. Quality wise this stuff is better than Fox and I like the styling better than Pearl Izumi. If you're looking to switch it up a bit give their stuff a look.
    Last edited by pascale27; 07-27-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    Misfit diSSent 1x10
    Jet 9

mtbr member
    I agree!
    I tried out the Ethers this year as well and love 'em.
    Great fit and smart layout. I also like their choice of farbics.
    * I only wish I could find Tan Meds for the REI sale price I got my Blacks...

mtbr member
    i got two pairs of their Ether shorts and one of their jerseys. i can wear the shorts around town or to work and not look like i just came off the trail.

JunkBoy
    Jan 2012
    I have a pair of Ethers that i like but my absolute fave MTb shorts are their Zoic Reckoning shorts. Don't think they make them any longer but if you find some in your size I highly recommend snatching them up!

mtbr member
    I have three pair because I wear them as regular shorts minus the insert when not biking. Love all the pockets.
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    dont have much to compare to but im very happy with the ethers. very light and breathable. im actually wearing them now (minus insert) and dont plan on riding until a broken middle finger heals.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I wasn't impressed with the Zoic Ethers. The stitching fell apart really quickly, in less than a year of use. I bought them at REI, so I traded them in for the Fox Seargants which have held up much better to the abrasive abuse I put my gear through. As a bonus, the chamois padding is a lot nicer in the Foxes. The overall quality just seems a lot better in general (thickness and quality of the stitching).

Also, the plastic D hooks for the veclro cinchers on the Zoics are gimmicky (they twist), and create hard plastic to land on with your hip.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I wasn't impressed with the Zoic Ethers. The stitching fell apart really quickly, in less than a year of use. I bought them at REI, so I traded them in for the Fox Seargants which have held up much better to the abrasive abuse I put my gear through. As a bonus, the chamois padding is a lot nicer in the Foxes. The overall quality just seems a lot better in general (thickness and quality of the stitching).

Also, the plastic D hooks for the veclro cinchers on the Zoics are gimmicky (they twist), and create hard plastic to land on with your hip.
    Just goes to show that opinions are like the thing that everybody has between their cheeks. Fox sargents are total crap. The ether liner uses a fairly common, middle quality pad but it's 1000x better than the throwaway piece of junk that fox gives you. You can get better cushion from stuffing tissues in your shorts.

I can give you that the fox outer will hold up better to long term abuse, but in the summer that heavy material is like a leg sweater. And they're way too long, they get caught on my knees if I don't fold them. The zoics are pretty tough for how light they are, and they are much more comfortable when pedaling.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    The ether liner uses a fairly common, middle quality pad but it's 1000x better than the throwaway piece of junk that fox gives you. You can get better cushion from stuffing tissues in your shorts.
    You remind me of my ex-wife, grossly overexaggerating and getting all emotional - 1000x and tissues huh? Both pads are pretty middle-quality, but I liked the Fox pad better.

Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    I can give you that the fox outer will hold up better to long term abuse, but in the summer that heavy material is like a leg sweater. And they're way too long, they get caught on my knees if I don't fold them. The zoics are pretty tough for how light they are, and they are much more comfortable when pedaling.
    The Zoics do have a thinner material, but I never had any problems overheating or getting caught on my knees, and my inseam is only a 30. Maybe pull them up, above your butt? To each his own.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the Foxes, but, regardless, what good is a pair of shorts if the stitching starts coming apart after less than a year of riding? Maybe I got unlucky, but I doubt it, as the stitching pattern/quality is pretty bare-bones.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Back on topic...

I agree with the OP, I'm really happy with all Zoic apparel I've purchased.