mtbr member
    Dec 2012

XC helmet with good ventillation?

Hi,
    I bought an Urge Endur o Matic in January and I love it but I should get an other one with good ventillation to use it in the hot weather. (30 degree c +)
    I'm looking for a lid with narrow profile (for me narrow head) many vents and I can strap camera on its top.(I mean the top of the helmet doesn't piont out so the cam would be stable) I'm not a racer so I do not need helmets like S-works Prevail. Budget is around 60-80.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I hear Giro, Bell and Specialized all fit a bit differently, so find which brand fits you, then pick the model you want.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yes, they fit differently. That's what I've heard too. I owned a giro before and the fit was good, however the size was universal so anybody can wear it up to 61 or 63 cm head. Mine is around 57 so it was too big, but I saw helmets, like Giro Hex, Spesh Tactic or Vice have more sizes so I can find the best. Sadly almost all the hellmets are in different shops so I can't try on every unless I travel 1hour to every store. Ordering from abroad seems more likely for me.(cheaper, easier, but I can try on anyting)
    Also interested in: Kali Protective helmets, Fox helmets. (or any other brand you find wothy) If you can tell me about them please share it.

mtbr member
    I have a Spec. Tactic II
    I wear 71/4" ball cap and I bought M size as the Large was too "huge looking" on my head..that and I had to crank it almost al the way to get the fit correct.
    Here is a cool online size chart
    Bicycle Helmet Sizing Chart

Oh yah and the venting feels good on this crash hat but I haven't much experance to compare as I don't wear helmets at tha often....
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

Nitro fumes
    Nov 2012
    I have the Fox Flux in the small med size,I wear a 7 1/4 hat and the fit is great.
    I forget I'm wearing it and it vents great, good air flow comfortable here in the AZ desert.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I've mostly read Flux is very good. Comfy vented and fits good. Same from the 661 Recon. Still, opinions are so different in the same helmets. Some say it's the best ever some hate it. Anybody know anything about Kali Maraka XC? Looks great and it shouldn't be warm as I see the huge vents. Only problem is its pricetag.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    It will be the Fox Flux or the 661 Recon . The Recon is a little cheaper. Which one to get?