Zippy, the wonder bike
    Feb 2004

Womans cycling clothing in larger sizes

I want to find some knickers for my girlfriend, she needs something for riding, but I need them in XXL size. That is very hard to find, the only ones that I found are $80 Terry Knickers, which I would purchase but I perfer something cheaper. Any of you ladies out there know of some cheap online sources for larger cycling clothing?

Don't worry, be happy!
    that's about right for real cycling shorts. The best sale prices are clearance at perfomance. www.teamestrogen.com does all women's cycle clothing and they have a sale section.

formica

life is a barrel o'fun
    Treat those shorts right and they'll get cheaper by the year. For example, I have a pair of shorts that go back 6 years.....possibly more. They're faded a bit, but still holding their own.

Forgot the original price, but if they were $80, that's what- $12/year? $1/month! :grin:

(See how easy it is to justify bike purchases? )
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

mtbr member
    $80 for a pair of knickers is the going price. Terry brand has the most "real world" sizing. Shebeest has the best knicker's IMHO but thier sizing is for tiny skinny girlz.

You can get a decent pair of shorts in the $40-$50 range then possible get yoga/lounging knickers for over the shorts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine
    Treat those shorts right and they'll get cheaper by the year. For example, I have a pair of shorts that go back 6 years.....possibly more. They're faded a bit, but still holding their own.

Forgot the original price, but if they were $80, that's what- $12/year? $1/month! :grin:

(See how easy it is to justify bike purchases? )
    I've found that with any shorts that the retail was below about the $80 mark - the cheap ones fall apart with just a couple washings. The expensive ones last for years and years. It's not even a question anymore, now that I know the cheap versions are such a waste of money in the durability department...

Horses and Bikes, Oh My!
    You might want to try Mt. Borah. They make some larger cycling clothing.