Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I have apart of Hestra Windstopper Trackers. They are awesome. Great bar feel and my fingers are good down to 32*F and a little below. Any colder and a pair of wool glove liners would make these rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Helmetless Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    I wear ski gloves because cycling gloves I've tried were just not warm enough. Last winter on the coldest longest rides -10C to -20C I wore Spyder gortex/fleese. Good grip and dexterity. My hands were never cold.
    This.

Get some Goretex (or similarly permeable material) lined ski gloves with good grippy palms/fingers.

I tried a few different pairs of cold weather cycling gloves, and none of them got it done in subfreezing weather. So I got a nice pair Scott ski gloves. Love'em.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Neoprene!

I have been using neoprene gloves for about three years and like them alot. I use 3 mm thick Celcius gloves from ***** hunting dept for $19 (including a cotton hat). They are lined with cloth on the inside (fleece maybe?) waterproof and windproof and have a textured rubber grip on the palm/fingers. No problem whatsoever with cold from about 35 degrees down to about 20 degrees. The only issue is that they don't breath so my hands get a bit clammy, but it is warm and clammy, not cold and clammy. I use Pearl Izumi lobsters for colder rides.

Is not amused
    Manzella Evolution W2 Windproof Gloves, not bulky, have the "warmer" W2 from Manzella. They are toasty warm, wind proof, have a sweat/nose wipe. Works for me. Picked them up at Sports Authority last year. If the temps get below 20F I just wear a thin extra pair of gloves underneath.

Amazon.com: Manzella Evolution W2 Windproof Gloves: Clothing

Sup
    I use snowboard gloves "also a fan of the nose squeegee"
    my snow bike has gripshift now
    perfect combo

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I'm from Vermont and I use some Fox Digit gloves. They're surprisingly warm, but that's when you are riding.

mtbr member
    I like the Giro Proof . They use a two-piece system that allows you to use them without the liner on days when it starts out cold but warms up as you ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Bought Hestra Heli 3-Finger gloves for this winter cause I have frost bitten fingers that are quite sensitive for cold. Liking them so far.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Mechanix Wear Winter Armor gloves have worked out well for me. Bought them for working outside but they have been repurposed for riding. Best part is the price, $20 at your local Lowes.

mtbr member
    Really I had no idea

Rogue Exterminator
    I have a pair of motorcycle gloves I will use this year if it ever gets cold enough.
    I already ditched my summer bicycle gloves and use my summer motorcycle gloves.
    Motorcycle cloves generally offer plenty of grip and more protection.

These are the ones I have for summer riding. They are Icon Tarmac v2.0 which they don't make anymore but they do make similar ones.

I was told by the sales guy they wouldn't last long but but I have had them for 8 years, over 40k miles worth of motorcycling and now biking. They are barely broke in and show no signs of wearing out. The grip with them is fantastic, they breathe well, and offer more protection when skimming trees with your knuckles.

Pictured is not my actual set and I believe I paid $20 for them online.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Anyone else have experience with hestra gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by FinRoller View Post
    Bought Hestra Heli 3-Finger gloves for this winter cause I have frost bitten fingers that are quite sensitive for cold. Liking them so far.

urmb
    "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way."
    Dr. Seuss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2