Uncle

Where to store the jacket when the rain stops if no rear fender

I'm sure I'm not the only person to do this, but it came in handy today for me and a friend, so I thought I'd post up here in case someone might find it useful.

Had a great ride today on Mt Tam, despite more than 8" of rain in the last 48 hours. We brought $20 rain shells along, but this ride is ~1 hour of straight climbing (at a casual Winter pace), so we didn't want to ride up in our private saunas - just as wet inside from sweat as I would be without the jacket. Rain had stopped, but we were sure we'd see more. Rather than pack it in the camelbak, I used it to keep my pack from getting soaked and soiled from rear tire roost, as well as the light drizzle we found further up.

Photo shows it tied tightly by the sleeves around the back of the pack, above the pack portion, right where the straps connect. Tied it here to keep the bulkier pack portion from letting it slide down. This also left enough of a flap below the pack to help keep my arse tidy. Rode to the top this way at a comfy temperature, then put it on and rode down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where to store the jacket when the rain stops if no rear fender-p1010004.jpg  

Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Another method to consider is to carry a small strap and loop it (rolled tightly) to your seat rails.

Certainly a good way of using your pack, though. +1

Rogue Exterminator
    I put it inside my pack....go figure.

Formerly of Kent
    I just tie it around my bars/stem.

Or, alternately, wear it with the zipper completely undone.

Second only to my Enve wheels, my eVent jacket is the best cycling purchase I've ever made. That material is a miracle for outdoor athletes.