mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Bonking ... not feelin' well Where can I get replacement toe spikes for specialized mtb shoes?

Does anyone know where I can get some replacement toe spikes for my shoes? One mysteriously came loose and disappeared!

mtbr member
    Either direct from Specialized or through your local Specialized dealer.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    M5 bolt + some stacked washers = cheap and easy replacement toes spikes. From stuff you likely have kicking around the parts bin.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Are they the same as football cleats? If so, go to your local sports store and pick up a bunch for cheaper than you'll pay for "specialty" cycling cleats.

***Edit, just tried a cleat from an old pair of football shoes on my mountain bike shoes and it was a perfect fit. So there is another option for replacement cleats***

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Smile thanks nubster!!!!

Took your advice and got some "soccer" replacement cleats. Worked perfect. Thanks again! br8mywindo

mtbr member
    Very cool. Glad it worked. Now I need to go out and follow my own advice...lol

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I just threw out about 5 pairs of them. Never found a need for the spikes in 15 years of riding.

Didn't even think there was value to them to try to sell them or heck I would have given them to you.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I don't really know if the ones on my shoes help or not. I just keep them on there in case I have to kick someone in the face or feel like spontaneously breaking out into a tap dance routine out in the parking lot.