Bike to the Bone...

When are the new full-face helmet out?

I've seen the pics from the two new full face helmets from Specialized! They look pretty nice, and with ventilation enough for trail use!

Does anybody know if they are out in the shops?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Probably mid september the one thing i do know for sure is that that carbon lid is going to be on my head within a week of coming out

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by themontashu
    Probably mid september the one thing i do know for sure is that that carbon lid is going to be on my head within a week of coming out
    I thought so, too. I've had one ordered from the shop I race for since I first heard about them. They sure are sweet looking. The shop just got them in on Sunday and I just got back. I didn't buy it becuase it's junk as a full face. It's really nice and cool with lots of ventilation like a XC helmet and might as well be a XC helmet. With the correct size helmet on with the retention strap and sizing harness correctly cinched down, the face bar can rotate up to my forehead quite easily. The padding around the face area is slim to none. If anyone is looking for good protection from a full-face, I don't recommend this one at all. It's really too bad, because I am a huge S fan. Looks like I'm going to be ordering a TLD anyway.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    I thought so, too. I've had one ordered from the shop I race for since I first heard about them. They sure are sweet looking. The shop just got them in on Sunday and I just got back. I didn't buy it becuase it's junk as a full face. It's really nice and cool with lots of ventilation like a XC helmet and might as well be a XC helmet. With the correct size helmet on with the retention strap and sizing harness correctly cinched down, the face bar can rotate up to my forehead quite easily. The padding around the face area is slim to none. If anyone is looking for good protection from a full-face, I don't recommend this one at all. It's really too bad, because I am a huge S fan. Looks like I'm going to be ordering a TLD anyway.
    That is funny, because I was sort of hoping it would be set up the way you describe it (a beefy Switchbalde rather than an MX helmet).
    -Skimming the successpool of corporate America-

otbmbc.com
    Dec 2004
    I think this helmet is going to be VERY popular.

Looks like it might fill the gap nicely between hardcore full face and XC type helmets. I know I've been looking for something like this for a while.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SabbathU71
    I think this helmet is going to be VERY popular.

Looks like it might fill the gap nicely between hardcore full face and XC type helmets. I know I've been looking for something like this for a while.
    Yes, I think if this it what you are looking for, it would be great. It is *much* lighter than any other full-face out there, but should *definitely* not be considered for DH or Extreme Freeride use. It's really too bad. I'm a huge S fan and was really looking forward to this one as a DH/FR helmet.