mtbr member
    Dec 2008

What are these shoes?

I'm looking to buy my son some MTB shoes. I've been looking at these shoes on ebay (eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices) and emailing the seller to get some clarification, but either the seller doesn't know what they are or can't clearly communicate. Anyway, can anyone give me some info on these shoes (re: type, use, etc.)? Thanks.

EDR
    What are these shoes?
    Not sure but they come with free clits. I'd buy them based on that alone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What are these shoes?-screenhunter_01-mar.-24-12.55.jpg  

EDR
    Anyway, can anyone give me some info on these shoes (re: type, use, etc.)
    Look to me to be the Sport BG shoes. Specialized Bicycle Components : Sport MTB

Perfectly suitable for spd mtb'ing. Shoes are tough to buy online though unless you've tried them on before. I had some BG Comp shoes a long time ago, they were terrible for hike-a-biking. To stiff, more like race shoes. Can't speak to the Sport model, never tried them but I'd guess they are fine for hiking. Usually 'sport' is for the everyday average rider and leans towards the comfy side, not the dedicated race.

You know, for around 50 bucks Shimano has some decent offerings that will be easy to walk in, if that's important.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    Not sure but they come with free clits. I'd buy them based on that alone.
    Yep. That got my attention, too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Thanks for the info.