mtbr member
    Jan 2005

What Shoes is everyone riding these days... Anyone on Carnac's??

What shoes is everyone riding these days...anyone riding on some of the newer Carnac's like their M-3 shoes? It is hard to find any dealers in my area these day( SF Bay Area).
    My old Carnac Siroccos just died after many years of use. I pick up a pair of Northwaves the fit was okay, but after one ride i noticed some of the stitching is coming apart.

I know everyone feet are different and that does effect fit i a big way. I am interested about how you would rate the quality your shoes, fit, vent(cooling)?

I just went out tried on some Specialized BG Comp mtb shoe. The fit felt very good, better in the heal pocket(tighter) than the Northwave.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have specialized road shoes and love the, the fit is great. I don't know about durability though, since they are only road shoes...

I still ride sidis on my mtb, because they are the most comfortable for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Sidi Dom 5s. Period.

NMBP/OMBA crew!
    im curently sporting special-ed bg taho's,, just ordered a pair of pearl izumi xalp enduros. should be fun on em, they look awesome.
    http://ocalabicyclecenter.com/

Rubber side down is good for me

No longer 26
    Adidas Adistar Pros with orange Sportfeet insoles. Fit great, pretty light, have been holding up well and I really like their strap system. Have their Race road shoes as well.

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

meow, meow.
    It's very limited choice down where I'm from. Recently I ordered some Shimanos from CRC, M-182N and AM-50. Exustar don't remembers one size larger with 2 pairs socks for the winter. The next winter I plan to ride in Shimano MW-02. Also M-182 mesh version would be good to get a hold of for this summer - soles stiffer than AM50's would better suit my Eggbeaters.

A pair of Pearl Izumi mesh shoes with buckles I rode last summer is giving up the ghost - the buckle straps are both almost torn in two from the load (maybe due to me being flat-footed?). And maybe that's the faulty design -- the shoes only have 2 straps each (1 unloaded velcro + 1 buckle, so the buckle strap is carrying all the load) in contrast to the typical 3 (2 velcro + 1 buckle).

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Sidi Dominator or Genius
    Niner Jet9

Niner Air9

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Live
    Adidas Adistar Pros with orange Sportfeet insoles. Fit great, pretty light, have been holding up well and I really like their strap system. Have their Race road shoes as well.

G
    Good luck with those. I snapped the top strap on my Adidas road shoes just last week. I was actually happy about it because they always killed my flat feet.