Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Noob
    Jan 2012

What jersey that doesn't look like a jersey?

I have been wearing t-shirts for my trail rides but was thinking about getting a real jersey...something with good technical fabric. Here is the thing: I don't want it to look too much like a bike jersey. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Only 5 lives left
    Unless you need the rear pockets, why not get a technical fabric t-shirt?

Noob
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail6 View Post
    Unless you need the rear pockets, why not get a technical fabric t-shirt?
    Well, I guess I could do that. I carry any stuff I need to in my Camel back. Any recommendations on brand?

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by njdj View Post
    . Any recommendations on brand?
    Just go to Walmart or Sports Authority or whever you like to shop and get whatever....Addidas, Nike, no-name, doesn't really matter imo as long as it's moisture wicking (Technical Fabric). If you want a low-key loose fitting bike jersey check out the Fox Baseline. I prefer them over a basic tshirt style wicking shirt b/c they have a long front zipper and it's gets a little hot in central Arizona so I actually make use of it.

mtbr member
    got a ClubRide shirt for x-mas. pretty cool. I usually ride in a closeout $10 tech tee from adidas or nike you can get from any big box store or outlet type stores.
    always face the herd

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Under armour, nike dri fits, adidas climalite, old navy has a house brand, Target as well. They also come in different weights for cold and warm conditions. Fit also varies from compression, fitted and loose. I personally wear under armour as they have a variety of styles. And because most mtb/cycling jerseys do not fit me. Under armour fits me well, I'm 5'7" and 190lbs (gym rat), Nike and adidas runs long, for me. Hope this helps

Trailhead Poseur
    For something inexpensive, I like the C9 line at Target.

mtbr member
    I've been getting Fox jerseys on sale at Price Point and HucknRoll. Paid around $20-25 each.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    whatever...

Movin' to Montana soon
    Jul 2011
    I don't get the whole moisture wicking fabric thing,my shirts are still soaked when I finish a ride if it's hot and they still smell bad.I went back to regular shirts because I don't like the feel of the moisture wicking fabric.

Edit:Sorry I didn't have anything to add to your thread.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    Well, I guess I could do that. I carry any stuff I need to in my Camel back. Any recommendations on brand?
    Nike, Addidas, Prana, Reebok, Mizuno, Brooks, North Face, Marmot, Sierra Designs, Mt. Hardware, REI, Under Armor, Sock Guy, Fox

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I have several Carhartt "Work-Dry" t-shirts. They're basically a simple front pocket t-shirt made with a hightech fabric that will wick better than a cotton t. I also use them when I'm traveling because you can wash them in a sink and they'll dry promptly.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I just use whatever I can find on sale that wicks sweat and breathes good. Every store I go to, I am always looking for dry fits (as I call them) and/or cargo shorts and I always go straight to the clearance racks.

I admit that the dry fit shirts do stink but having a few laying around is good.

SamIAm
    just get a smartwool or icebreaker tshirt. done. and the most washing it really needs is to get rid of sweat stains is to just get it wet in shower and wring out a bit and it dries and good to go. and it no stinky bad.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

05 SxT: totemcoil, dhxair, juicycarbons, LXcranks, X9kit, halo freedomdisc, deity compound pedals

Michigan Wolverine
    If you have an outlet mall near you I'd suggest checking there. I managed to get some nice Adidas climalite and Nike dri-fit shirts for super cheap. I love them because they're somewhat form fitting, light weight, and really comfortable. Not to mention you don't get that awkward nipple rub nearly as bad from them as you would from a sweaty cotton shirt.

mtbr member
    Under Armour, REI, Columbia, Nike... As others have said. And most stores will have some on clearance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaguar View Post
    For something inexpensive, I like the C9 line at Target.

This^^. I have several of these and they don't just wick well, they breath well also. That seems to be pretty important for comfort with these wicking fabrics. I've found the nike dry fits also wick and breath very well but they are a bit pricier. I had an Under Armor shirt that wicks just fine but it doesn't breath at all. I'd stay dry but heat up like a blast furnace with it on and it's not intended to be insulative fabric. I gave it away.
    Last edited by skullcap; 02-16-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Forgot to mention, if you have a BJ's wholesale, Cosco or TJ max, they usually have the above brands discounted.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I have been wearing t-shirts for my trail rides but was thinking about getting a real jersey...something with good technical fabric. Here is the thing: I don't want it to look too much like a bike jersey. Any suggestions or recommendations?
    Ibex wool shirts. I wear them year round, -10 to 100+. Lots of different styles and weights available.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    I go to stores like Rugged Warehouse, Burlington Coat Factory, Foreman Mills, or the like and get Nike, Adidas, or Reebok sweat wick shirts on discount.
    Last edited by Drth Vadr; 02-16-2012 at 08:47 PM.

beater
    Agree with Sam and Shiggy. Wool tees are the ticket. They're more expensive, sure, but they're also more comfortable and they don't stink. I wear them for any outdoor activity, year round.

That's not to say that I don't have and wear 3/4 sleeve nylon jerseys, but they're not as comfortable on warm days, and I usually pull them off at the end of a ride. Plus, they obviously look like bike jerseys.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Gonna echo what everyone else has said... just go to any sporting goods or department store and get some dry wicking shirts...can be had for $20 or less each

beater
    The other shirt I wear sometimes is a Cloudveil Inertia Spinner. I got it on Steep & Cheap a few years ago for something ridiculous. It's basically a mid-weight softshell in the form of a button-up shirt. It's as comfortable in 50 degree drizzle as in 90 degree sun. I floated the Grand Canyon a couple years ago and wore it pretty much every day. For spring and fall rides with questionable weather, it's what I wear if I don't want to bother carrying a shell.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    I've been getting Fox jerseys on sale at Price Point and . Paid around $20-25 each.
    This jersey works well...doesn't look like a jersey per se, more like a T-Shirt....but still has a zippered rear pocket.

Fox Baseline Jersey - Short-Sleeve - Men's*from Hucknroll.com

LightJunction.com
    I'm a fan of Jett. They make matching shorts for their jerseys too. JETT MTB HOME
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast