Thread: What helmet?

mtbr member

What helmet?

For the third or fourth time this year, a branch got caught in the vents in my helmet on monday up at Cache Creek. It gave my neck a jerk and I found a broken branch stuck in one vent when I took it off (the helmet, not my head).

Can anyone recommend a helmet or helmet style that doesn't catch low branch ends like that? I want another general riding helmet, not a downhill mx type helmet.

I tried searching the forums but couldn't find any posts on this yet. It's hard to believe that I'm the only guy that doesn't duck low enough.

DynoDon
    U Vex 100 has screens on the front vents to prevent bugs from getting in, the helmets are one of the best out there too. There is good venting, back of the head protection, great straps, and release system to. I've had my U Vex 100 for a year and a half now, I haven't seen another trail riding helmet I want.
    I've had plenty of branches smack my helmet but none have stuck in there, YET!!
    UVEX xp 100 Helmet - Review - Pinkbike.com
    Four wheels transport the body,

Two wheels transport the soul !!!!

LightJunction.com
    Sounds like an interesting problem to have. Can't say I've come across this one yet. What helmet are you using now? If this is a significant problem, you might try going to a cheaper helmet...smaller vents with more helmet in between. That should lower the chances of getting something stuck, but it would also make the helmet hotter, and retention systems are never as good with cheaper helmets.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com