Climbs = necessary evil

W÷lvhammer boots

With my new W÷lvhammer winter cycling boots that arrived today, my feet will be staying warm during those cold snowy mountain bike rides. After my last snow ride, my toes took hours to warm up and I decided to spend some Christmas cash on these so I'd keep riding through the winter.

I measured my foot using their instructions on their website and jut the same size a my Pearl Izumis and if anything they might be a half size to big. I'll probably try them out Saturday or Sunday this weekend.

Bikeaholic
    Jul 2009
    Sweet! Keep us posted.

Climbs = necessary evil
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ice807 View Post
    Sweet! Keep us posted.
    I rode 12 miles over an hour and a half today in 12F weather wearing the the boots and only a thin pair of Merino wool socks. My feet were toasty for the first hour and then the tips of my toes started getting a little cold the last 20 minutes or so.

The boots themselves are very comfortable and didn't feel heavy at all. Very happy with this purchase.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wölvhammer boots-3.jpg  

Wölvhammer boots-2.jpg  

Wölvhammer boots-1.jpg  

Last edited by rogerfromco; 01-13-2013 at 04:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Hmmm, that would be -11oC with just thin socks on. I usually wear thick merino socks with my Shimano boots. Let us know how it goes when they get wet.

Frys With That, Please
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerfromco View Post
    With my new W÷lvhammer winter cycling boots that arrived today, my feet will be staying warm during those cold snowy mountain bike rides. After my last snow ride, my toes took hours to warm up and I decided to spend some Christmas cash on these so I'd keep riding through the winter.

I measured my foot using their instructions on their website and jut the same size a my Pearl Izumis and if anything they might be a half size to big. I'll probably try them out Saturday or Sunday this weekend.
    Very nice!

I saw them last Fall on Bikeman website.

Did you go up a size or did you stay with the same size as your three season shoe?
    2012 Cannondale Trail SL 29ER 4

1994 Cannondale Super V 1000

1996 Cannondale F500 rigid-fork 69'er

Motiv 26'er

Climbs = necessary evil
    Quote Originally Posted by cda 455 View Post
    Very nice!

I saw them last Fall on Bikeman website.

Did you go up a size or did you stay with the same size as your three season shoe?
    Same as my regular shoes, but to double check I followed the foot measuring instructions on their website. Plenty of room in the shoe to add another pair or maybe even two in the boot.

I saw a lot of advice recommending ordering a size up but after emailing the company and talking to the shop I ordered from, I'm glad I didn't - that'd been way too big.